Why Students Choose Sattler College
Sattler College’s mission is to provide an education that instructs the mind, discipleship that shapes the soul, and inspiration that inflames the heart. The modern higher education system rarely tends to the yearnings of the soul, nor inspires the passions of the heart. It fails to educate young people holistically for a life well lived. It is often hostile to faith, too expensive and academically weak. We need nothing short of a revolution. Sattler College was founded upon the biblical vision of Christian discipleship that addresses the mind, soul and heart. Our goal is to enable graduates to heartily say, “For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love and a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).
Sattler College started offerings in Fall 2018 and was accredited Fall 2021. Sattler is a four-year Christian college granting bachelor’s degrees in the following majors: biblical studies, business, computer science, history, and human biology. Students choose Sattler because they want to build their faith, while also taking the next steps toward fulfilling God’s plan for their careers. Sattler students are exceptional. Last fall’s incoming students’ SAT scores averaged in the 93rd percentile. Many arrive at the college with significant cross-cultural experiences. Many have been leaders in their home communities and are eager to participate in thoughtful service in an urban environment.
Why You Should Teach Business at Sattler College
Sattler faculty want to join in leading this revolution in Christian higher education, helping students achieve a lifetime of impact for Jesus and His church. You share our passion for launching students into careers as Christian business leaders: firm in their convictions and equipped with the skills necessary to build His Kingdom by leading a commercial or nonprofit Kingdom business. You love the special challenge of teaching smalls. You bring to the classroom both professional experience and academic preparation. You employ collaborative learning to help students develop the capabilities they need to grow, adapt, and lead in an ever-changing business world. You share our concern for academic excellence. You enjoy helping students master not only leading-edge business subject matter, but also helping them discover how they can glorify God through business endeavors.
Sattler is looking for a Christian practitioner/scholar able to teach a variety of courses. Because our faculty is small, this is an opportunity for someone with broad experience to teach both in areas that are comfortable and stretch into areas that are not as closely aligned with prior academic experience. Business faculty at Sattler College succeed because they are curious, flexible and love making connections to help students meet great businesspeople and become great businesspeople themselves. They have a passion for Christ-centered higher education and dedication to the integration of faith and business, and they are deeply committed to student success—in the classroom and after graduation.
- Teach assigned undergraduate courses in accordance with standard policies and procedures within Sattler College, using classroom and online technology when useful to enhance instruction.
- Advise and mentor Business Majors and Minors. Maintain established office hours and be available to individual students for formal consultations and informal mentoring.
- Contribute to the development of a Christ-centered community of learners and scholars within Sattler College. Faculty members are expected to provide servant/shepherd leadership among faculty, staff, and students and to grow in their effectiveness integrating Christian faith and learning.
- Earned terminal degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Non-Profit, Data Analytics, or a closely related field.
- Preference for candidates who have studied or taught at top-tier universities.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching (evidenced through prior course evaluations).
- While undergraduates, many of our Business Majors perform at a graduate level.
- Thus, experience teaching at both levels is preferred.
- Preferred: experience managing businesses.
- The ideal candidate will have at least five years progressively responsible experience in a commercial or non-profit organization.
- Preferred: capability for teaching data-oriented courses: Marketing, Business Data Analytics, Economics, Statistics, etc.
- Preferred: evidence of published academic scholarship.