Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch has a wonderful position for RN’s seeking a rewarding and refreshing opportunity to use your skills in a relaxed environment. We are a life-changing ministry focused on helping teen boys overcome life-controlling issues. Our medical department is growing, allowing us to open new positions for elite RN’s with a heart for hurting families.
We are currently looking to hire for the Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-11:00pm shift.
Supervisor: Richard Swearingen, RN, Clinical Director
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
General Responsibilities of Registered Nurse:
- Learn and follow Adult & Teen Challenge International, USA (TCI, USA), CARF, and Arkansas Department of Human Services (ADHS) regulated guidelines for a 40-bed adolescent psychiatric facility.
- Follow Infection Control Guidelines.
- Reporting all serious injuries to supervisors and proper state agencies when applicable.
- Incident reports.
- Assist with medication inventory/audits.
- Assist clients with Medication management (observation).
- On-call rotation.
- Assess physical injuries or other medical needs and determine the plan of action.
- Keep Parents, Case managers, and necessary caregivers (i.e. direct care) informed/ updated on important medical information pertaining to clients.
- Coordinate obtaining prescriptions when applicable.
- Thoroughly document/log information in EMR in accordance with TCAR policies.
- Staff should be able and prepared to lead students to Christ.
- Provide spiritual leadership to residents while also continually encouraging residents toward personal growth and discipling as possible.
- Other: At times, staff members may be called upon to serve in areas not necessarily outlined in their formal job description.
Qualifications of Registered Nurse:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or higher.
- Current Nursing (RN) License.
- Thirty (30) hours minimum of training in child care or related field.
- Maintain First Aid and CPR certification.
- Be trained in Crisis Intervention at least biannually (provided by TCAR).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Mature and Godly character.
- Must meet the requirements of the Arkansas Department of human services as well as local, state, and federal requirements for the position (e.g. licensing and certification) All personnel will have a background check.
- Experience with Pediatrics and Psychiatry preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- To be determined. Consideration is based on education, certifications/licensure, experience, tenure, level of responsibility, job requirements, skill level, competency, and performance history.
- 75% of Continuing Education Expenses up to $5,000.00 per year.
- Group Insurance (company contributes to HSA), Dental and Vision.
- Nursing License renewal paid.
- Personal Liability Insurance covered.
- Retirement with 3% matching.
- Unique benefits including but not limited to, staff equine days, access to CrossFit gym, Employee Assistance Program and many more.