Weekly Attendance: 460
Location: Golden, CO
The Role: Family and Student Pastor
Meet Rockland Community Church:
We are a community of people who are fixed on a mission. Connecting all generations to Jesus as we stand for the Truth of the Gospel, show God’s grace to all people, and raise up the next generation to do the same. These four values support our mission and help us learn and grow together:
Worship | Regular Gathering
Connect | Biblical Community
Serve | Active Involvement
Give | Generous Investment
Rockland Community Church embodies, and is represented by, a cairn. On a hike, you’re likely to see a cairn once in a while—a pile of stones to mark the trail and keep you headed in the right direction. (You’ll notice this imagery in the cross in our logo). A cairn is intentionally left by someone that has walked a little farther down the road that wants people behind them to know the right way to take. We embody this at Rockland as we have a deep desire to see the next generation know the path that God has for them, as marked out by godly men and women that have walked the path already.
About the Family and Student Pastor:
Rockland is a non-denominational, Bible-believing, gospel-centered church that is looking for someone to be here for the long haul to invest in families and kids from cradle to college. This full-time pastor will be responsible for leading the student and kids’ ministries at Rockland, with a hands-on emphasis on the student ministry. He will also be preaching in the service on occasion. This pastor must be very relational as his main role is recruiting, building, and investing in teams of people to minister to the next generation, as well as pastoral duties in the church at-large. He will be the primary leader for our kids and student ministries, as well as serving in the worship services, both assisting (most weeks) and preaching (2-6 times a year).
This person should have a passion for connecting newborns through high school students to Jesus through personal interactions and volunteer-led small groups. He should be a committed Christian able to work in close cooperation as a team member with the rest of the staff at Rockland. He will need to work very well with volunteer leaders, and start out building a parent team, parents, and students. The Student Director must affirm the same doctrinal statement as our staff and elders (see below) without reservation and attend Pastor Jim’s Bible study for at least their first year to connect with others and understand the theological nuances of Rockland. This person will be in worship each week as a part of the Rockland community and would join Rockland as their church ‘home’. This would include joining a Life Group with their family (if applicable).
Student Ministry: He will partner with families to equip our students (grades 6th-12th) to become lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ. This leader must be able to teach the Gospel, and equip a team of volunteers to do Gospel-centered discipleship. He will be at student events and be the face of the ministry as well as proactively go to where kids and their families are and invite them into gospel-centered groups and the larger community of Rockland. Time is approximately one-third with students, one-third with parents, and one-third with leaders. This includes mission trips, retreats, etc.
Kids Ministry: He will partner with families to equip our kids (birth-5th grade) to become lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ. He is responsible for leading Sunday morning kids classes/groups, and all special events, with a major emphasis on building teams of teachers and a deacon/parent team. This leader must be able to equip a team of volunteers to do Gospel-centered discipleship. He will be at kids’ events and be the face of the ministry as well as proactively go to where kids and their families are and invite them into gospel-centered groups and the larger community of Rockland. The largest time usage will be with leaders and programming, but some time will be spent with families and kids as well. This person serves as the MOPS liaison.
Pastoring At-Large: The Pastor will be part of the preaching team, though the lead pastor preaches about 40-45 times a year. He will be in the service every week, leading prayers, welcoming the congregation, calling us to worship, etc. Our main worship philosophy revolves around ‘doxology and delight’.
The Family and Student Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
- All oversight of the student ministry and kids ministry, and very-hands on in both, thought students will be the bulk of the time.
- Engage kids from cradle to college to attend our main gathering Sunday AM alongside their parents every Sunday before being dismissed to their groups.
- Do personal, relational work with students and their families, helping them to assimilate and connect to a volunteer-led group at Rockland. This pastor will go to where students are, build relationships, and connect students to groups.
- Recruit and equip volunteers to serve as the primary shepherds for these students.
- Help each senior high student find their gifts and plug them into the large body of Rockland. A lot of relational work will need to be done in this area.
- Calendaring the entire year for families falls to this director, as well as communicating it effectively to the families in our congregation. This includes selecting and organizing curriculum for Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, and confirmation.
- Oversee all student and kids events. These include all events such as Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, mission trips, retreats, VBS, and other special events. Coordinate large events for student ministry, including planning, budgeting, volunteer coordination, publicity, and execution of the events.
- Care for the Student and Kids Ministry rooms and all equipment.
- Cast vision & develop a culture where parents are their kids’ primary spiritual leaders.
- Teach in the main service 2-6 times per year and assist in the service almost weekly.
- Christmas Eve and other special services.
- Oversee and execute planning and team-building with the Kids and Students volunteers teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings and staff chapels. Conduct miscellaneous office work, logistics, and meetings as necessary. It is important that this position be a part of the larger ministry team here at Rockland.
- Special note: Christmas Eve and Easter, among other times, are ‘all hands-on deck’, so the new director should expect large workloads during those times.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree is required for this role.
- 5+ years of ministry experience is required for this position.
- Experience in a similar role is highly preferred.
- A seminary degree is strongly preferred, or the candidate can be on their path to be ordained as pastoring is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong administrative skills for organizational responsibilities.
- Leadership and communication skills for directing main worship and outreach efforts.
- Creative skills to help build intergenerational ministries and implement plans for the church.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of grace and love.
- Strong relational skills with both kids and families.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Is a team builder – recruiting and developing teams for kids and students.
- Displays a humble leadership style.
- Must be willing to execute important missions and ministry tasks for the Rockland community.
- Thoughtful, energetic, and a good listener.
What it’s Like to Live in Golden, CO:
Rockland Community Church is located in the foothills west of Denver, whose sanctuary has a spectacular view of the continental divide. It’s nestled in the beautiful city of Golden, Colorado. Rockland draws from a wide geographic area that includes both suburban and scenic mountain communities. Colorado is known for its enjoyable outdoor activities; hiking, bike riding, skiing, snowboarding, and its estimated 300 days of sunshine each year.
There are many cultural attractions, wonderful sports teams, affordable dining, shopping, and great tourist attractions in the Colorado area. Golden, Colorado is a beautiful place to raise a family and call home.
How To Apply
Apply through the following link: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/rockland-community-church-family-and-student-pastor.