Senior Associate Pastor
The Senior Associate Pastor will also provide strategic leadership to Spiritual Formation and Discipleship initiatives in support of PC’s Discipleship pathway. They will also serve as a member of the Teaching team and will partner with the Senior Pastor and the staff to lead Church Wide initiatives both in the church and community. The successful candidate will have a passion for, commitment to, and vision for the spiritual formation of all.
The Senior Associate Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, execute and refine strategy for Spiritual Formation
- Adult Education
- Develop and communicate vision for next steps
- Lead Sunday Service
- Build and develop team leaders
- Ensure key PBC values and components are foundation to service
- Shepherd the people
- Align with PBF vision
- Lead Adult Ministry | Men’s, Women’s, Halftime, Youngish
- Align with PBF vision
- Engage 5 C’s
- Develop leaders
- 20 messages/year
- Mentor youth and adult communicators
- Teach Adult Ed Classes
- Identify and develop teachers
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in theology or Biblical studies is required.
- Experience with developing leaders and programs in a local church, strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communicates effectively through all levels of the organization.
- A gifted and engaging Biblical communicator who can connect well with believers and non-believers alike.
- Embraces a “big tent” evangelical theology that majors on majors and minors on minors.
- Ability to be detail and task-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities.
- A consistently demonstrated ability to recognize and deal with particular priorities.
- Able to accept changes and constructive feedback.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Exhibit a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord, seeking to grow in faith.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Personal effectiveness.
- Demonstrates respect for others, integrity, discretion, and consistency in word and deed.
- Self-directed and takes the initiative.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that enjoys creating and developing new ministries.
- Strategic thinker.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, and works well in a team environment.
- Self aware, emotionally intelligent, and outwardly focused.
- Laughs easily and often.
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously.