Senior / Lead Pastor
Faith Community Church
2670 Shady Grove Rd
Connelly Springs, NC 28612
Position: Senior Pastor / Lead Pastor
They wanted more. That aptly depicts the heart of a dozen or so people who felt the Holy Spirit compelling them to plant a church, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in western North Carolina in 2005. Now a church of approximately 100 people, we have and continue to pray for our next lead pastor; one who seeks to shepherd and minister to his flock, while passionately enveloping the lost into God\’s family. Ours is an endearing small town with a tightly woven sense of community, touting plentiful amenities for nature and outdoor enthusiasts. However, when the yearning for the city calls, we are centrally located, roughly an hour\’s drive from the larger cities of Asheville, Boone, Charlotte and Winston Salem.
The Lead Pastor serves at the “Spiritual CEO” of Faith Community Church, with the objective of developing, communicating and equipping followers of Jesus Christ to Go and Do. To GO to those who are broken by religion and the world or are lost and without Jesus Christ. And to DO the work of discipleship, leading them to a life in Jesus and teaching them how to become followers of Christ.
Primary Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Remain true to God’s inerrant Word.
- Proclaim the Gospel.
- Reflect Christ in his/her character.
- Align with FCC Statement of Beliefs as outlined in the FCC Constitution.
Provide leadership in:
- Preaching and teaching God’s Word.
- Discernment of the vision and mission of Faith Community Church.
- Evangelism and equipping of Saints (modeling, training, inspiring).
- Pastoral care for congregation and community.
- Pastoral staff and administration.
- Preach most Sundays and secure substitute when unable.
- Provide pastoral care to church members and community.
- Provide pastoral counseling as appropriate, making referrals.
- Provide leadership and conduct church ordinances and other special services.
- Build relationships through regular contact and visitation with members outside of church.
- Engage with community.
- Develop a plan for availability and access to pastoral staff at the church, to meet the congregational needs.
- Attend team meetings as needed, to be beneficial in carrying out the work of the Church and
maintaining good communication.
About Faith Community Church:
Our campus is situated on a plot of land which encompasses approximately 10 acres, giving us valuable flexibility and room for growth. We are richly blessed with talented musicians and singers which lends itself well to a beautifully blended service and ministry opportunities. Faith Community Church’s ministry philosophy is to make disciples is through our “4G” discipleship process. We gather on Sunday mornings for corporate worship. We grow in our walk with the Lord through Sunday School, Grow Groups and Ministry Teams. We give of our time, talents and treasures to make disciples and to reach the nations for God’s glory. We go locally and globally to serve and share Jesus so that we show the greatness of Jesus to others.
We are an intergenerational and interdenominational family of God seeking to reach out to our neighbors, and our world, with the love of our Savior!
- Pastoral candidate must have a calling for full time ministry recognized by others who are familiar with your ministry and way of life that can serve as references.
- Prefer 2 or more years’ experience as a lead/senior pastor.
- However, candidates will be considered with extensive experience as an associate pastor, worship pastor etc… that feel lead and prepared to assume a lead pastor position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding people skills to include relationship building, managing, leading, teaching, influencing, and conflict resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seminary degree
- Ordination credential
Job Title: Lead Pastor
Time Type: Full Time
Job Category: Senior Pastor, Lead Pastor
Organization Type: Church
Worship Style: Blended
Church Size: less than 100
Contact: Pastor Search Team
How To Apply
Email: [email protected]
ATTN: Pastor Search Team
Include resume, references and links to sermons (please send all that apply).