Haven Christian Community Church (Newark, CA) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Haven Christian Community Church (havenccc.org) is a Bay Area church prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor to preach the Word of God and to shepherd the Body of Christ.
Haven Christian Community Church (Haven) is a member of the OMS Holiness Church of North America. We are a multicultural congregation and offer English speaking Sunday Worship Services with a special focus on the community in Fremont, Newark, and Union City (Tri-City area).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a committed disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Have the spiritual gift of teaching/preaching.
- Be committed to the Great Commission, have a heart for the lost and model life-style evangelism. Be able to outreach to young families and young adults.
- Have a vision and calling to shepherd in a multicultural/multi-ethnic congregation. Asian American descent preferable or someone with vast amount of experience in an Asian American context.
- Have the courage and ability to drive change as God leads.
- Have a strong prayer life.
- Possess a BS/BA degree in Biblical Studies or Master of Divinity (preferred) from an accredited evangelical seminary.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of ministry experience, preferably in a church setting.
- Partner well with other churches, para-church organization, and local community organizations.
- Have the right to work in the United States.
Total Package depending on experience.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor for Haven Christian Community Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Haven Christian Community Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of the OMS Holiness Church of North America (https://www.omsholiness.org/beliefs).
Please send your resume, a sermon link, and the answers to these questions to [email protected].