Date Posted: February 26, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Village Church of East Atlanta
Atlanta, GA, USA
Job Type: Lead/Head/Senior Pastor
We are seeking a senior pastor to help shepherd our church through a period of renewal and revitalization. We want a proactive, strategic leader who develops leaders and who motivates us to live out Jesus’ mission of love and restoration in our neighborhood. Our preferred candidate exemplifies our core values of gospel flourishing, gospel community, and gospel mission.
- Gospel-centered preaching that speaks to the heart and inspires application.
- Encourage and equip church leaders, including elders, deacons, staff, and ministry teams.
- Guide the church into healthy growth by leading our staff, managing church administration, and stewarding our vision and mission.
- Oversee the shepherding model and minister to our members and families.
- Pursue God’s vision for church community, cultivating diversity and discipleship.
- Serve as a visionary catalyst for our staff and session, commit to missional engagement in our community, and display a heart for outreach.
- Model emotionally healthy spirituality, including strong interpersonal and conflict management skills.
Qualifications and Desired Qualities:
- Committed to cultivating a deep spiritual life through practices including prayer, repentance, Sabbath, and accountability.
- Seasoned in ministry (5+ years of experience) leading a church or leading a ministry team of staff and volunteers.
- Experience managing projects and leading organizational change.
- Ordained or eligible for ordination in the Presbyterian Church of America.
- Willing to relocate to East Atlanta with missional intentionality for the people in the neighborhood.
- Affirms the giftedness of both men and women in biblical leadership.
- Embraces the diversity that the city brings to the church.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, email your resume and a copy of your Ministerial Data Form (if applicable) to [email protected]. For more information about our church, please review our church profile. We are excited about the future of our church, and we look forward to hearing from you!