First Alliance Church (Erie, PA) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
First Alliance Church (facerie.org) is seeking a full time Senior Pastor.
From very humble beginnings in 1899 until now, hundreds have found Christ as Savior and Lord, others have discovered a deeper meaning to life, some have been healed of their diseases and sicknesses, and all have heard the gospel message. It is indeed a glorious heritage upon which to build our future church!
Having transitioned forty years ago from an inner-city church in the heart of Erie to one located in the business suburban area in Millcreek township, FAC has maintained its evangelical Great Commission focus of reaching the lost, baptizing and discipling Christ followers. In the past decade FAC implemented an alternative contemporary worship service, a church within the church, “Epic Faith.” After several years, the leaders of Epic Faith launched out to become an independent body of believers now known as “Elevate,” which has maintained a vibrant presence in the Erie community.
FAC continues to reach the lost and minister to the church and community focusing on the unique spiritual needs of young mothers, young families, families struggling through divorce, women, men, seniors and widows. FAC prioritizes vibrant Christian education to toddlers, preschoolers, children and discipling adolescents. It also provides food and cash assistance to those in financial need. Throughout its history, FAC has maintained its vision of proclaiming the inerrant Word of God, as well as developing a broad blend of traditional and contemporary worship styles which facilitates reaching a broad generational spectrum of FAC attendees. What ties FAC today through its nearly 120 years of existence is a consistent focus in all its ministries and programs on Jesus Christ in the times of blessing and struggles.
- Five years minimum preferred and licensed and ordained or able to be licensed and ordained in the C&MA.
- A shepherd who leads like Jesus, a servant-leader.
- Averaging 45 to 50 work hours per week, which allows for time for his family so that he can achieve a healthy balance between work and his personal life. Also including time to prepare a weekly sermon and time to invest in the staff.
- Prayer fully seeks God’s will regarding the future direction of FAC. Work with the BOE to create annual goals and objectives.
- Take time to learn the local culture and to win the hearts of the attenders’ and staff, and neighbors of First Alliance Church. Be transparent with the Board of Elders so that they can help you with the many challenges that come from being a Senior Pastor. Preach the Gospel.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for First Alliance Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor of First Alliance Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of First Alliance Church and the Christian and Missionary Alliance?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions to [email protected].