Community Church of Alton (CCOA) is an established, non-denominational, Bible believing, Christ centered church in the beautiful Lakes Region of New Hampshire. We are prayerfully seeking a full-time, experienced Senior Pastor with an unwavering Biblical Christian worldview to faithfully shepherd and grow our congregation, and who feels called and skilled to develop a robust youth ministry. The called Pastor will have a strongly entrepreneurial and missions-oriented heart.
CCOA is a male Elder led church. Presently, with a part-time Senior Pastor, CCOA holds one service on Sunday morning, children’s church, a Wednesday evening prayer meeting, and weekly, separate, men’s and women’s bible studies. Sunday attendance at CCOA is approximately 50-100, comprised of adults, youth, and children, with seasonal upward fluctuation during the summer months. Sunday services are live-streamed via YouTube for those who are unable to attend in person.
Personal Requirements and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate for Senior Pastor will be ordained, with a background in pastoral ministry, demonstrated preaching experience, and a passion for the mission, vision, and values of Community Church of Alton as outlined in our Statement of Beliefs. https://ccoaalton.com/our_beliefs. He will be a highly relational person, demonstrating authenticity, energy, enthusiasm, a passion for ministry and people, and a man of high integrity.
- Essential but not exhaustive, he shall meet the Biblical standards for elders outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 and conduct himself with the spirit of humility and servanthood called for in passages such as Matthew 20:25-28 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Degree from an accredited Christian college/university (Master of Theology or Master of Divinity preferred), equivalent experience considered.
- Five or more years of experience in a church, with pastoral experience in the role of Lead/Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, or other Pastor with significant preaching responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, with an emphasis upon gentleness, self-control, character, knowledge of God’s Word, spiritual maturity, personal prayer, and spiritual leadership.
- Evidence of a committed, mature, and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Possess and demonstrate integrity, vision, discernment, patience, compassion, and humor.
- Ability to skillfully preach inspiring and challenging sermons that boldly proclaim God’s Word with enthusiasm, passion, and conviction.
- Highly competent in expository preaching, and actively uses this teaching approach.
- Passion to be a servant leader in the pastoral care of the congregation.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to develop and articulate Mission and Vision, build support, and engage the church community in fulfilling its purpose.
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to envision and revitalize, spearheading change as needed.
- Leads in a clear and compelling manner by creating a collaborative culture and uniting church members toward a common vision.
- Experience leading and engaging in community outreach efforts with a sincere enthusiasm for evangelism in the local community, and with special emphasis on cultivating and investing in the next generation of Christ followers (youth).
- Competency in recruiting, training, developing, and inspiring people for effective leadership and hands-on ministry.
- Ability to partner and collaborate with staff and church leadership to develop goals and execute plans to achieve them.
- Preaching/Teaching/Worship – As the primary preaching Pastor, demonstrate a consistent preaching ability and deliver effective Biblically based sermons consistent with CCOA Mission and Vision Statements, in response to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Ensure that sermon content includes practical relevance to present-day life and culture as weighed against the whole of Scripture.
- Encourage and equip members to grow in faith, knowledge of the Word of God, and in relationship with Jesus Christ. Cultivation of a discipleship culture is essential.
- With discipleship in mind, develop and deliver adult education curriculum for the ongoing spiritual growth and maturity of the church body.
- Plan and coordinate worship in conjunction with staff and lay leaders for a blend of traditional and contemporary worship, ensuring a Biblical basis of all content.
- Pastoral/Church Leadership – Maintain an active and visible role in the life of the congregation and ensure that the pastoral care needs of the congregation are met.
- Undertake and oversee development of programs for adult, youth, & children’s education, discipleship, pastoral care, community, and missions’ outreach.
- Perform weddings, funerals, dedications, baptisms, pastoral visits (home, hospital, etc.), and emergency responses as needed.
- Staff/Operational Leadership – Implement an effective organizational and staffing structure that achieves the Mission and Vision of CCOA, ensuring that organizational processes are carried out daily.
- Supervise and mentor staff, including annual evaluations in conjunction with the Elders and Trustees, utilizing each staff members’ talents and abilities to achieve the highest level of service and performance.
- Together with the Elders and Trustees, monitor performance and effectiveness of ministries and programs; identify, and respond to successes and constraints, and ensure efficient church operations and administration.
- Working with the Board of Trustees and Elders, ensure excellent stewardship and fiscal responsibility of CCOA’s financial resources, consistent with its Mission, Vision, and core Biblical values.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal time, and sick-time.
- Housing – Church Parsonage.
- Church Related Expense Reimbursement.
- Medical, Dental, Retirement – as available, to be discussed.
How To Apply
After prayerful consideration, if the Lord is leading you to pursue this invitation to serve as Senior Pastor, please submit the following:
Cover Letter expressing interest and addressing the following questions:
- What is your personal statement of faith?
- What does advancing the Kingdom of God mean to you?
- From a Biblical perspective, what is your vision for a church leadership model?
- Current Resume
- Three letters of recommendation (clergy, layperson, personal)
- Copies of license, ordination certificate, transcripts of educational accomplishments, i.e., degrees and any other certifications
- CD, DVD, Flash Drive, or online link to recent sermons and Bible teaching (no fewer than 5 samples)
Please submit your information to [email protected], or by regular mail to:
Community Church of Alton
P.O. Box 997
Alton, NH 03809
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.