Trinity Baptist Church (Brockton, MA) – Senior Pastor
The Senior Pastor, along with the Council of Elders, is responsible for the spiritual oversight of TBC in its efforts to implement and accomplish its vision, mission, and values. The Senior Pastor will cast vision for the church and staff, preach the Gospel message powerfully toward life change, teach biblical truth expositionally, maintain a foundation of prayer, and counsel those in our church family. He is the key representative of the overall leadership of the church, both internally to the church family and externally to the community. He sets the tone, direction, and pace of the church vision under the authority of the Council of Elders.
Candidate Attributes and Qualifications
To be effective in this role, a successful candidate will be a growing, committed disciple of Jesus Christ who should possess the following core gifts or passions:
- Meets the qualification set forth in the scriptures: 1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, as well as those established in TBC’s By-laws.
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal growth through the Christian disciplines of prayer, study, accountability, healthy relationships with other pastors, and intentional time away with the Lord.
- A passion for making disciples by preaching and teaching the Word of God. The person must be a gifted expositional preacher and teacher.
- A deep love for the flock under his care and the ability to demonstrate that love through personal interaction and caring.
- A heart for prayer and a passion for cultivating a “house of prayer” at TBC.
- A gifted teacher who can cast a compelling vision of who God is, the work of the cross, and man’s only reasonable response.
- A passion for community building with experience in a diverse urban context.
- A gifted leader and team builder with a collaborative style of leadership that fosters decentralization of ministry.
- Ability to create an environment where Elders and Staff are loved, encouraged, and supported in their growth as disciples.
- Master of Divinity Degree is required; a doctorate in Biblical Studies or a related field is preferred. Ordained in ministry.
- Seven to ten years of preaching, shepherding, and leadership experience in a Senior or Assistant Pastor role is required, preferably in a small urban church setting.
Key Working Relationships
- Participates as a member of, and reports to, the Council of Elders.
- Works in conjunction with the Executive Council and Council of Elders to ensure a two-way relationship with the congregation, and that biblical principles and the church constitution and by-laws are observed. Also works closely with the Finance Team to monitor the church budget.
- Supervises all church staff and servant leaders. Works closely with the servant leaders of TBC.
- Works with TBC’s Praise and Worship Coordinator to cast vision for worship and plan and design worship services.
- Cultivates a cooperative relationship with other churches, ministries, organizations, and the city of Brockton leadership.
- Facilitates cordial relationships with organizations that share space at TBC
- Preaches the Word of God during TBC’s worship services.
- In partnership with the Praise and Worship Coordinator, casts vision for worship at TBC and partners with Praise and Worship Coordinator to plan weekly services.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate doctrinal oversight of all ministries.
- Directly shepherds any hired staff and members of the Council of Elders.
- Collaboratively teams with the Council of Elders and any hired staff to implement God’s direction, vision, and plan for disciple-making at TBC, including leadership development.
- Provides a robust leadership development program to existing and potential servant leaders within the church.
- Ensures that all ministries are designed and equipped for disciple-making at all age levels.
- Engages in counseling, prayer, visitation, and other interpersonal activities sufficient to allow him to relate to the flock and to be aware of their needs.
- Oversees the administration of the ordinances.
Total Package: $69K – $87K – Depending on Experience.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Trinity Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor at Trinity Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of Trinity Baptist Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].