Chapel Grove Baptist Church (Gastonia, NC) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Chapel Grove Baptist Church (chapelgrove.com) is prayerfully seeking a full-time Senior Pastor.
Chapel Grove Baptist Church was established in the early 1960’s in an effort to reach a part of Gaston County that had less access to the gospel. From its founding, biblically faithful preaching, heartfelt worship, and community engagement have been priorities. Over the last several years, the church has faced several challenges, but by God’s grace, the church has proceeded prayerfully and faithfully as God has given unity by His Spirit. Last year the church baptized 5 people, ranging from youth to young adults. Last year Chapel Grove also became debt free and at present is receiving more revenue than budgetary needs. Average Sunday attendance is around 100 with frequent visitors. The congregation has a large number of retirees but has also seen more young couples getting involved. Chapel Grove voluntarily affiliates with and financially supports both the Greater Gaston Baptist Association and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Chapel Grove is located in Gaston County, NC about 10 minutes West of downtown Gastonia and 5 mins East of Crowder’s Mountain State Park. Gastonia’s population is 81,000 and growing as Charlotte, North Carolina’s largest city, continues to expand. From the church to Charlotte- Douglas International Airport is 35 minutes. The community is largely working class and is beginning to see more transient growth as areas East of Gastonia become less affordable. Within the last year, two major development sites have been purchased within minutes of the church where an estimated 1,100 homes will be built. Kings Mountain, a town 10 minutes East is experiencing similar growth.
The Pastor shall have charge of the welfare and oversight of the church. He is responsible for leading the church body in functioning as a New Testament Church. In so doing, He should meet the scriptural requirements as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. The Pastor is responsible for providing spiritual instruction and strategic leadership to the members, staff, and ministries of the church. The Pastor serves as the administrative head and supervisor of church staff. The Pastor is not responsible for doing all the work, but for seeing that it is done and done properly (I Corinthians 14:40).
The Senior Pastor should:
- Meet the scriptural qualifications of a Pastor/Elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9.
- Exhibit in daily life the Fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22.
- Display on-going growth in sanctification, spiritual wisdom, and the knowledge of God’s will.
- Exhibit humility displayed in a teachable spirit and healthy family life.
- Hold a degree from an accredited Bible college or seminary (Preferably Southern Baptist and Graduate level).
- Be able to preach, teach, and converse fluently, and clearly in English.
- Be able to teach orthodox, Biblical truth in agreement with Chapel Grove’s Church Covenant and The Baptist Faith & Message.
- Have a minimum 5 (five) years of experience as a pastor (related vocational ministry experience will also be considered).
- Become a member of Chapel Grove Baptist Church as soon as possible.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate good administrative skills.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Chapel Grove Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor at Chapel Grove Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of Chapel Grove Baptist Church and the Southern Baptist Convention?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].