Our Church Overview
Christ Reformed Presbyterian Church (CRPC) is committed to the gospel of Jesus Christ and to the Great Commission the Lord gave to His church. We glorify and enjoy God through worship, discipleship, and evangelism. We value classical Christianity and have a high view of the Lord’s Day and worship. Every Sunday evening, we gather to praise God’s for His answering our prayers and His blessings, and to pray to God for the nations, missions, and congregation.
CRPC is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), Potomac Presbytery. We were planted in Laurel, Maryland 32 years ago. We have 74 communicant and 23 non-communicant members on our roll, comprising 34 family units. Following a disciplinary action involving the Presbytery, our pastor of 30 years left, along with several family. Through Interim Pastor Ministries, we hired an interim pastor who has given us renewed hope while new family, singles, and seniors, diverse in race and character, join us. We are currently more united in spirit and purpose, and more hopeful for the future than ever before. It has been God’s refining fire, and we have come out stronger and better and are thankful to God for his faithfulness.
Under our interim pastor’s guidance, a Transition Team was established with representatives across the spectrum of our congregation. Through a one-and-a-half-year process, they were able to assess church health, facilitate action, and finalize a strategic plan for our church.
In the strategic plan, we wish Christ Reformed Presbyterian Church will:
- Be known as a place where the gospel is preached and lived.
- Engage in special prayer and fasting to seek renewal from the Lord.
- Have strong and impactful ministries to the community.
- Minister to those needing compassion and companionship.
- Focus on building a youth group strongly grounded in the gospel.
- Nurture, support, and grow our young adults.
- Seek local, national, and international opportunities for mission work.
We hope our future pastor can share our vision and work with us to achieve these goals so that Christ Reformed Presbyterian Church, the bride of Christ, will be a glorious beacon in great Laurel, Maryland area.
Our Hope for Our Future Pastor
Christ Reformed Presbyterian Church is looking for a pastor to prayerfully seek God’s provision to lead, share, and carry our vision forward with us, as God wills it and directs it. Specifically, we are prayerfully looking for a Christ-centered man, ordainable by the Presbyterian Church in America, who will:
- Deliver engaging preaching that faithfully and boldly proclaims the beauty and majesty of the unchanging and eternal Gospel of Jesus Christ – instructing the listeners according to the inspired and inerrant Word of God – calling them to repentance, growth in their spiritual walk, and a deeper dependence on and rest in Christ.
- Relate well with people, be loving, approachable, and genuine, willing to share life, and proclaim the unchanging Gospel of Jesus Christ openly and in a contextually sophisticated manner, be it in conversation, visiting, and/or counseling.
- Teach the truths of the Bible and the doctrines of the reformed faith as presented in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
- Provide leadership as Moderator of the Session, ministry leaders, and members at large for the edification, unity, peace, and purity of the church and the furtherance of the church’s ministry and witness to the community.
- Work with Session to develop and gracefully lead worship in accordance with our classically-Christian format and style.
- Be devoted to prayer and the ministry of the Word.
Our new pastor shall also have the following qualifications:
- Have at least a Master of Divinity, or equivalent, degree from a Presbyterian or Reformed Seminary.
- Meet the requirements of 1 Tim. 3, Titus 1, and the Book of Church Order of the PCA (i.e., Chapters 8, 13.6, and 21).
- Agree with the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
- Have at least five years of experience as an assistant, associate, or senior pastor.
How To Apply
If you believe you may be called to this ministry and would like to apply, please email the CRPC Pastoral Search Committee at [email protected], and we will email you an application.
Thank you for viewing.