Smithsburg Valley Church (Smithsburg, MD) Senior Pastor
Smithsburg Valley Church is seeking a Senior Pastor with a heart for God and a passion for ministry to serve a growing multi-generational church family in beautiful Smithsburg MD, a small town about one hour west of Baltimore and DC.
- Preaching and teaching the Word of God.
- Providing leadership in various aspects of ministry, including discipleship, evangelism, and outreach.
- Working alongside the church staff and ministry leaders to develop and implement strategies to reach the community for Christ.
- Building relationships with church members and guests through pastoral care, counseling, and visitation.
- Serving as a mentor to leaders and volunteers within the church.
- Experience serving in multiple leadership roles in a local church desired.
- The ability to communicate biblical truths in a clear and compelling manner.
- Proven track record of building relationships and developing leaders within the church.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and ongoing education.
- Adherence to the statement of faith and core values of our church.
- Some higher education preferred.
The candidate will undergo a 6-12 month transitional period working alongside the senior pastor of 30+ years with the goal of maintaining our current healthy church culture. Once the transition is complete the senior pastor will retire.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Smithsburg Valley Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor of Smithsburg Valley Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Smithsburg Valley Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].