Ardena Baptist Church
593 Adelphia Road
Freehold, NJ 07728
Who We Are:
We are a strong Bible-based congregation of about 60 members with an average Sunday service attendance of 45. While over time our membership has declined and is aging, we aspire to grow our membership with new members and young families. In addition to our Sunday services, we have children’s and youth ministries, outreach, missions, and small group Bible studies.
Our church enjoys a rich history. Organized in 1859 as the First Baptist Church of Howell, construction of the church was completed, and the church was dedicated August 14, 1861. In 1921 the name was changed to Ardena Baptist Church, and the same building serves as our sanctuary today.
Ardena Baptist Church is in Howell Township, New Jersey, a small suburban community in Monmouth County, and conveniently located just 15 miles from coastal beaches and 65 miles from New York and Philadelphia.
Senior Pastor Overview
We are seeking an experienced, ordained Pastor with the desire and motivation to lead Ardena Baptist Church through the next phase of our service to Christ and the community. In addition to Sunday services, the Pastor will be expected to teach/oversee the church’s weekly Bible studies and outreach activities. Other responsibilities include providing support to those seeking counsel and/or guidance, and visitation to shut-ins and the sick. The Pastor is expected to interact with the various church boards as well as to appreciate the importance of our history and traditions.
The beliefs of our church can be best presented in the link to our Articles of Faith in Article II of our Constitution. https://ardenabaptistchurch.com/pastor-search/
Experience and Qualifications:
- Holding or working toward a Master of Divinity degree
- Strong leadership skills to support and guide the church leaders
- Ability to interact and communicate with the church members
- Align with and support our Articles of Faith
- Experience with youth and outreach programs
- Ability to examine God’s Word and to effectively communicate these truths in a variety of settings (i.e.: pulpit, community outreach, Bible studies, and one-on-one sessions)
- Ability to manage conflict and to foster healthy relationships
- Experience in counseling
- Missionary experience that includes identifying, interviewing, and supporting the missionaries
- Experience in expanding the Church’s recognition within the community
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Preaching Sunday services, along with guiding and directing the order of the service
- Guide and oversee biblical education
- Provide visitation to those who are unable to attend church
- Oversee the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- Conduct pastoral care and counseling to those in need
- An office schedule that permits members to meet with you
- Lead community outreach efforts
- Ensuring that the church is up to date with leadership plans
- Oversee leadership development and discipleship
What We Offer: A comprehensive compensation package includes a competitive salary range ($55-$75K, benefits included) commensurate with experience. Other benefits are provided “a la carte,” enabling the individual to match these benefits to his needs. Items in the benefits package include contributions to retirement, health insurance, and car allowance. Time off is offered as ‘Personal Time Off’ and can be used as sick time, vacation time or personal time. Pastoral living is available in a newly renovated, two-story single-family home on the church property, all utilities included.
How To Apply
Send email to [email protected].