Crown and Joy Presbyterian church is seeking a Senior pastor who is Christ-centered, characterized by integrity and love, and possesses a heart for evangelism, outreach, discipleship, and pastoral care. We believe that the right candidate will be able to: develop, lead, and mentor a team; grow and develop the congregation; and serve the local community.
- Must have an unshakable commitment to their faith and to serving their congregation and community.
- Must meet all biblical qualifications for an elder (I Tim. 3:1-7; 22 Tim. 4:1- 5; Titus 1:5-9, 2:1).
- Must be ordained or meet the qualifications for ordination within the PCA.
- Must have at least 4 years of ministry experience.
- Must have experience with and be committed to maintaining a multi- generational/multi-ethnic/multi-cultural church setting.
Duties With Approximate Percentage of Time
- Preaching/Teaching/Preparation (38%).
- New Members – classes and interviews (2%).
- Pastoral care for congregation (including counseling and discipleship) (5%).
- Development of Liturgy and Worship Leading (10%).
- Congregational Life (attending events lead by others) (12%).
- Community Outreach and Mercy (evangelism, mercy, community involvement) (8%).
- Administration/Leadership/Vision, as follows: (25%).
- Leading or participating in session, committees, presbytery, staff meetings.
- Developing and training officers and volunteers.
- Provide leadership, oversight and assessment of various sectors of the ministry.
Character & Competencies
- Humble and teachable, yet confident.
- Devoted to prayer.
- Cares for his family.
- Possesses pastoral care qualities.
- Committed to evangelism/outreach.
- Committed to hospitality.
- Facilitator of congregant gifts.
- Collaborative leader:
- Ability to exercise patience and diplomacy in dealing with people.
- Attentive listener.
- Ability to lead by example with grace.
- Can inspire and motivate others to action.
- Relates well to people in all life stages.
This is a full-time position with 4 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid study leave annually in addition to other paid benefits. The Senior Pastor’s salary is $74,500.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and MDF to [email protected]. You can find more information about our church and our vision by visiting our website at https://crownandjoy.com/pastoral-search. You may also refer to our PCA Church Profile for our demographics, and to our church information packet for more information about our congregation and the role. We are grateful for your interest and look forward to hearing from you.