Senior Pastor/Head of Staff at Matthews Memorial Presbyterian Church, an ECO fellowship, 2 hours west of Fort Worth, in the charming community of Albany,TX. MMPC is a vibrant, historic, multigenerational congregation committed to prayer, discipleship, and hospitality. Our children and youth ministries are strong and we are known for our commitment to teaching our entirely trustworthy Bible throughout all ministries in our church.
MMPC is looking for a pastor who has a strong passion for Christ, a commitment to teaching the Word of God and one who is devoted to prayer. We are also looking for someone who demonstrates love for people, both inside and outside the church. We are praying for someone who will earnestly love our wonderful community and make Jesus known through missional living.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Preaching Christ-centered, Biblically faithful, sermons with love and appreciation for the local Albany culture.
- Shepherding, equipping, and relationally leading the Staff with wisdom, love, and grace.
- Working closely alongside the Session offering spiritual leadership.
- Cultivating and equipping lay teams to carry out the mission of the church.
- Committing to personal prayer, study, and spiritual development beyond sermon preparation.
- Engaging intentionally and regularly with the broader Albany community.
- Demonstrating pastoral care and love to all generations of the church, including hospital visits, officiating at baptisms, weddings, funerals, and delivering communion to shut-ins.
- Actively participating in ECO national and regional gatherings and other accountability and mentorship groups as encouraged by ECO.
- Planning and facilitating new covenant partner training, church retreats, mission trips, and other discipleship experiences that impact all ages.
- Managing budgets.
- College degree.
- Previous experience as youth, associate, or lead pastor of five years or more preferred.
- Hold or willing to pursue ECO ordination.
For more information, read our full position description here.
How To Apply
To apply, send the following information to [email protected]:
- Your testimony.
- Links to 3 of your sermons (video preferred).
- In one page or less, tell us more about yourself using the 5 H format:
- Heritage – Share about your family, upbringing & overall background.
- Heroes – Tell us who has inspired and impacted your life.
- Hard Times – What life challenges have you encountered?
- Happy Times – Express what makes you happy.
- Hand of God – Tell us why you are in ministry today.
- Express your convictions on the inspiration and authority of the Bible and how it practically shapes you both personally and in ministry. (½ page or less)
- Tell us why this particular position is of interest to you. (½ page or less)
- Describe your relationship with God; how do you keep it vibrant and growing? Describe your prayer life. (½ page or less)
- Talk about your preaching style and some convictions you have about the pulpit.
- How do you craft messages tailored to your audience? (½ page or less)
- Tell us about your family and how you offer spiritual leadership at home. (½ page or less)