The Pastor is responsible to the church for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, teaching Biblical doctrines, leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, using his skills in administrative leadership, and engaging in pastoral care ministries to meet the needs of the congregation and in the community. This role will include biblical teaching, leading and partnering with church members, and supporting families. Reports to Deacons.
Minimum Training and Experience:
We seek a man of strong faith and a growing relationship with Christ, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Ministry (or equivalent) or a Master of Divinity Degree (preferred), and experience in evangelism.
- “Born again” believer (resulting from conviction by the Word of God, repentance, assurance of forgiveness, and submission to Christ), with subsequent believer’s baptism; currently living a Christ-centered life through the leading of the Holy Spirit, having a good reputation for Christian conduct and character.
- Called to the pastoral ministry and evangelism, with demonstrated tenacity in following the call.
- Spiritual and personal life based on Biblical standards (1 Timothy 1:3-7, 1 Timothy 3:1-12, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Operate with accountability, authenticity, integrity, and caring, praying for and building up volunteers, church family, and guests.
- Skilled communicator, able to maintain communication with church family.
- Ability and heart to teach scripture in both a larger collective setting and individually.
- Willingness to personally adhere to and represent the Statement of Faith and Church Covenant of Bethel Baptist Church.
- Comfortable visiting people where they are including cornfields, cow barns, riding in tractors, and farm trucks.
Duties – Responsibilities:
- Prepare for and conduct worship services, baptisms and communion services, and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the community.
- Motivate, equip, and nurture the congregation through example, preaching, teaching God’s Word, and spiritual counseling.
- Provide leadership and vision for the church, through prayer and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Provide leadership in planning education programs for the church.
- Serve as a leader in seeking to win the unsaved; lead the membership in soul winning training; plan and promote periods of evangelistic emphasis for the unsaved and renewal for Christians.
- Participate in evangelism efforts through preaching and giving invitations during worship services, revivals and other special services, visitation, and other outreach efforts.
- Spend significant time in personal prayer and Bible study.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals; perform pastoral counseling for pre-marriage, grief management, addiction recovery, family and marriage, as requested.
- Work with Deacons, Trustees, Christian Ed., Missions, and other committees in their respective duties.
- Visit members and prospects and lead the membership in a visitation program; facilitate the contact/visitation of hospitalized or grieving church members.
- Willing to participate in community activities with members of the church family.
- Provide monthly reports to the Deacons on ministry accomplishments and activities. The Deacons will conduct an annual performance evaluation and review of the compensation package.
The church understands that the Pastor will need to be flexible in his schedule and be available as ministry needs occur, however, we encourage the pastor to take two days off each week and two weeks off each year.
How To Apply
Email resume to [email protected].