Mountain View Church (MVC) is an active church of 70-80 people located in the beautiful lakes region of New Hampshire. We worship in a new (2015) sanctuary, which sits on 17 acres of property that also includes a newly renovated parsonage (2020-21) with views of Lake Winnisquam and the mountains. MVC is a full-time pastorate, with a part-time secretary, a part-time custodian and a part-time Sunday Music leader.
- A heart for God and a vision for the world.
- Graduate degree or its equivalent in an appropriate discipline (MDiv. preferred).
- Ability to teach/preach Scriptural truth that connects with today’s generations.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of church or para-church ministry experience.
- Experience in bringing change.
Position Description: Mountain View Church (MVC) is seeking to fill the position of a full-time Pastor to lead us forward as we follow Christ and seek to share God’s love in a world seemingly growing in many ways more distant and disconnected. The following are some of the primary responsibilities and gifts we are seeking in our pastor.
- The (our) Pastor should demonstrate a genuine love and passion for Christ that is evident in his personal life and his ability to relate to people of different ages and in varying stages of life.
- The pastor is expected to teach and to lead us as we seek to connect with the next generation.
- The (our) Pastor is the leader (President) of the church and must have organizational and administrative abilities.
- He will work closely with the eight members of the Leadership Team (LT) to establish a clear vision and direction for MVC as we seek to reach out in a more intentional ways to the Lakes Region.
- The Pastor should inspire and develop new leaders willing to share in the multiple tasks of expanding our various ministries and mission.
- Worship is a focal point of the church’s life and as such a key responsibility of the pastor.
- The Pastor must have effective communication skills and teach the Word of God in a way that is relevant to the everyday life of believers in the world we live in, but also to those with little or no Biblical background.
- Worship should provide an experience that is relevant, fulfilling and meaningful.
- We are well aware that a pastor will have many other responsibilities and commitments – baptisms, weddings, memorial services, new members classes, counseling, visiting the sick.
- We will encourage our pastor to use his gifts and strengths and the help of members to assist any way we can.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and other pertinent information to [email protected].