Senior Pastor Position Overview
We are seeking a Pastor who is ordained and has earned a Master of Divinity. We are also willing to consider candidates that are on a Master of Divinity track. In addition to Sunday services the Pastor will be expected to teach/oversee the church’s weekly Bible studies and outreach activities. Other responsibilities include providing support to those seeking counsel and/or guidance, and visitation to shut-ins and the sick. The Pastor is expected to interact with the various church boards as well as to appreciate the importance of our history and traditions.
The beliefs of our church can best be presented in the link below to our Articles of Faith in Article II of our Constitution.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A person holding or working toward a Master of Divinity degree
- Experience with youth and outreach programs
- Experience counseling
- Missionary experience that includes identifying, interviewing, and supporting the missionaries
- Experience in expanding the Church’s recognition within the community
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Preaching Sunday services, along with guiding and directing the order of the service.
- Guide & oversee Biblical education
- Provide visitation to those who are unable to visit the church
- Oversee the ordinances, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- Conduct pastoral care and counseling to those in need
- Have an office schedule that permits members to meet with you
- Lead community outreach efforts
- Monitor and guide ministerial activities
What We Offer:
A comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience. In addition, we offer Pastoral living in a two-story single-family home. Other benefits are provided in a cafeteria style enabling the individual to match these benefits to their needs. Items included in the benefits package include contributions to retirement, health insurance, and car allowance. Time off is offered as Personal Time Off and can be used as sick time, vacation time or personal time.
Who We Are:
We are a strong Bible based congregation of about 60 members. At our Sunday services we have an average attendance of 45.
In addition to our Sunday services, we have youth ministries, outreach, missions, and small group Bible studies.
Our church enjoys a rich history. Organized in 1859 as the First Baptist Church of Howell, construction of the church was completed, and the church was dedicated August 14, 1861. The same building serves as our sanctuary today. In 1921 the name was changed to Ardena Baptist Church.
Ardena Baptist Church is located in Howell Township, New Jersey, a small suburban community. The community provides an ideal location just 15 miles from coastal beaches, and 65 miles from New York and Philadelphia.
How To Apply
Email your resume to [email protected]
Ardena Baptist Church
Attn: Pulpit Committee
593 Adelphia Roaf
Freehold, NJ 07728