Redemption Bible Church – (Baldwin City, KS) – Lead Pastor
The Big Picture
Redemption Bible Church (redemptionbible.church) is seeking a Lead Pastor who will preach the Word of God and actively minister to families and individuals in and outside the church.
We are an independent, non-denominational, Bible-believing church in the sweet small town of Baldwin City, Kansas. (Learn about our town here.) Our town, while small, (~4,500) is a vibrant community and home of Baker University. We are about 15 minutes south of Lawrence, Kansas, and about 30 minutes west of the Kansas City metro area. The church began meeting in 2014 as a plant from Fellowship Bible Church in Gardner, KS. We are an elder-led congregation and are seeking a pastor that can thrive in that arrangement. We currently have a total average Sunday attendance of 125 people. We are excited for the growth opportunities that exist within Baldwin City and the surrounding communities.
In this role as lead pastor, your position will be instrumental in shaping and leading the congregation and community. We are looking for a man to actively minister to families and individuals in and outside the church. Our pastor will give expository sermons weekly during Sunday service and continuously teach congregants. This man will speak the word of God boldly and courageously, leading hearts to repentance and model a growing, vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, an active prayer life and a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading. In this role, the lead pastor will serve as an Elder and alongside the Ministry Teams, exhibiting a shepherd’s heart as a servant leader and team-builder. He will motivate and work with staff, Elders and members and cultivate relationships to make disciples and demonstrate personal accountability.
- Boldly preaching on Sundays, adhering to the Bible as the inerrant word of God
- Counsel and visit families and community members as needed/in crisis, providing compassion and biblical wisdom
- Lead and promote spiritual formation within the church as well as emphasizing unity within the body
- Articulate and promote the vision and mission of our church to the congregation and community, acting as a strong and visible member of Baldwin City
- Assist in training for Elders, Deacons, and other leaders in the church; lead ministry heads and delegate work accordingly
- Promotes engaging and inter-generational ministries encouraging members to use their gifts to serve the church and help others grow in faith
- College degree, seminary desired
- Pastoral or other similar ministry experience is required
- Dynamic teaching ability focused on the depth, breadth, and application of Scripture
- Exhibit humility and a desire to be a team player, Godly character and maturity in faith, living above reproach
- Able to live up to the character qualifications of an Elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9
- Has a love of God’s Word, a passion for preaching, and a passion for communicating God’s Word in a way that directs people to God
- Has an intimate knowledge of and commitment to Biblical standards, RBC’s Statement of Faith, and mission
- Is community-minded, emotionally intelligent, and discerning
- Time management skills, prioritizes tasks, and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds
How To Apply
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Lead Pastor for Redemption Bible Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Lead Pastor at Redemption Bible Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Redemption Bible Church.
Please send your resume, a sermon link and the answers to these questions to [email protected].