Weekly Attendance: 4,000 (1,700 in-person and 2,300 virtual)
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Role: Senior Pastor
Meet Elmbrook Church:
With humble beginnings in 1957 and five families that felt God’s call to reach the community, Elmbrook Church has experienced solid growth, outgrowing four worship facilities, and planting six churches before building a 3,000-seat worship center in 1994 at its Brookfield campus. As the church grew, so did its commitment to local and global missions, with two million dollars committed annually to support field workers, as well as local and global initiatives. Since 1970, Elmbrook has been led by four Senior Pastors, the most notable being Stuart Briscoe, who served 30 years, and Mel Lawrenz, who served 10 years. After nearly a decade of transition (2010 – 2020), the Council of Elders invited Lee Heyward in December 2018 to come and lead Elmbrook in preparation for the call of a new Senior Pastor in 2021.
The church holds steadfastly to its mission and vision of helping people become rooted in Jesus Christ and released to His mission through Christ-centered teaching, worship, and prayer. They are Non-Denominational with an Evangelical heritage.
Theologically, Elmbrook is neither charismatic nor highly reformed in a classical sense and endorses the roles of women as pastors and elders.
Elmbrook continues to provide opportunities for serving through its various ministries, such as James Place and Care ministries, and partnerships with several local organizations. Elmbrook’s mission program, called Harvest Ministries, has sent more than 350 field workers since 1958 and currently supports 80+ field workers and their families in the U.S. and abroad.
Today, Elmbrook Church is a large, multi-ethnic, multi-generational church welcoming approximately 4,000 people to weekly worship in three locations—physically through the Brookfield, Lake Country, and Elmbrook en Español campuses and digitally through a TV broadcast and streamed worship services.
About the Senior Pastor:
The Senior Pastor of the Elmbrook Church will be a spiritually mature leader, grounded and rooted in Christ. He will be a person of high integrity, genuine authenticity, and strong character and must be highly relational. He will also be a loving shepherd, a visionary leader, and a gifted communicator who effectively and powerfully teaches and preaches the Word of God.
The Senior Pastor will have proven leadership skills in change management but, at the same time, will need to recognize and honor the heritage of Elmbrook. He will have the ability to cast vision for the future while demonstrating humility and winsome relational skills. He will lead, mentor, and guide church leaders, ministry staff, and the congregation into a deeper walk with God and greater Kingdom effectiveness.
The Senior Pastor Will:
- Exemplify a life of walking closely with Jesus, including strong spiritual leadership in the home.
- Balance leadership and vision with accountability and submission while working with the Council of Elders.
- Demonstrate a love for Elmbrook Church, her people, and the surrounding community, evidenced by intentional personal and family assimilation.
- Relationally connect with the church staff, leadership, and the congregation through being personable, approachable, and genuine.
- The new Senior Pastor should have a heart for the global church and reaching the nations of the earth with the Gospel (a mission\’s heart and awareness).
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree, not necessarily in a related field. A Master of Divinity or comparable graduate degree from an accredited conservative, evangelical, theological seminary or its equivalent is preferred.
- He will have ten years of pastoral experience in a local church as a Senior Pastor, Associate, or Campus Pastor with ever-increasing responsibility.
- Experience and knowledge of multi-staff, multi-generational, and multi-campus ministries.
- Exemplifies the life of a fully committed disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Models a servant\’s heart that is evidenced by a life of service.
- Passionate about reproducing disciples of Christ.
- Committed student and engaging communicator of God’s Word with an ability to convey practical application.
- Teaches sound doctrine and inspires Christ-followers to live godly lives.
- A visionary strategist that inspires others to get involved in Kingdom building.
- Committed to working with the Council of Elders and the Senior Leadership Team in reviewing church ministries and programs to ensure they reflect the mission, vision, and values of the church.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills – is warm and approachable.
- Models team spirit and collaboration, works well with staff, elders, and the congregation – known by their peers as a team player.
- Ability to live well in rhythm in ministry, family life, and their personal walk with God.
- Demonstrates love and concern for the whole body of Christ along with those in our community who don’t know Jesus.
What it’s Like to Live in Brookfield, Wisconsin:
Located just west of Milwaukee, Waukesha County consists of family-oriented communities including Brookfield, New Berlin, Pewaukee, Delafield, and Hartland.
Its schools are some of the best in the state and the nation. The northwestern region of the county is informally named “Lake Country” because it encompasses more than 20 lakes of varying sizes. With abundant, year-round outdoor activities and friendly communities, it is recognized as one of the best places to raise a family.
How To Apply
To apply follow the link below,