Bethany Baptist Church is located strategically on the border of the City of Chicago in Harwood Heights, IL. We are a community of mature believers, complemented by multi-generational families dating back over 40 years. We are looking forward to building the next generation of believers, cross-sectionally, through all ages and demographics. We are growing a robust and at-risk youth program, have hosted AWANA for decades, maintain a vibrant senior program, and faithfully support domestic and world missions. Over the years, we have developed an excellent relationship with municipal officials, first responders, and our local schools. Our facility has an adaptable kitchen and gymnasium and is awaiting reimagining for today’s and tomorrow’s church. While attendance is in a decline from previous years, we look forward to growing as a congregation and thriving under new leadership. In the O’Hare airport area, over 30,000 middle-income people living in primarily small single-family and low-rise apartment homes are within a 2-mile radius of the church.
We seek a visionary Senior/Lead Pastor who is faithful to the Bible, stewarding the gospel through his preaching, with an eye toward growth and discipleship. The candidate must possess a strong vision for a healthy church and the ability to organize, encourage, participate and follow through in God’s exciting future for this body of believers. This man of God will live out his faith openly and with conviction. Like Joshua and Caleb, he is a firm believer that God has miraculous work to do right here in this area. While evangelistic, he is intent on strengthening the flock. He is energized by people, a team builder, and a team leader.
- A man of God as demonstrated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A solid devotional and prayer life and a thorough understanding of Scripture.
- Ambitious to prepare and preach weekly and teach regularly.
- Possess wisdom, skill, and compassion in caring for people and the congregation.
- Believe the Bible to be the true word from and of God, miraculously inspired and written over 1,500 years by many authors, some known and unknown, working independently to form a cohesive, accurate account.
- Enthusiastic and passionate, with a heart for discipleship, a vision and a plan to bring Christians to biblical maturity.
- Excellent organizational skills while focusing on the primary purpose of building and changing lives for Jesus Christ.
- If married with children, then an example of excellent family leadership.
- Excellent at creating an expectation of God’s imminent plan to change lives today.
- Full-time position
- Team Building
- Community Involvement
- Visitation oversight with some involvement
How To Apply
Interested applicants should apply by visiting https://www.convergeplacementnetwork.org/.
Please follow the online application process; no need to email a resume or cover letter. A video sermon sample is required. Please contact Kirsten at Converge MidAmerica with any questions. [email protected]