Key responsibilities of the position
- Enabling the church to worship, serve, and minister effectively.
- Enabling committees and task groups to support God’s mission.
- Conducting special services and events in accordance with the liturgical calendar year.
- Providing counseling and chaplaincy services (as called).
- Visitations – shut-ins, crisis, evangelism, families.
- Community involvement and promoting good public relations.
- Participating in ministerial meetings, conference meetings, etc.
- Enabling Biblical literacy and application
- Providing confirmation and new member classes
- Working with staff: associates, secretary, custodian, etc. to enable a collaborative understanding and completion of responsibilities.
- Maintain timely and accurate records as requested and correspondence and other forms of communication and follow-up.
- Providing regular newsletters and calendar of events in collaboration with others as appropriate.
Effective performance in this position
The Conservative Congregational Christian Conference is a theologically conservative denomination standing on the secure foundation of shared faith in God’s Holy Word. As a church, we affirm our belief in the CCCC Statement of Faith. Accordingly, our senior pastor must also affirm belief in the CCCC Statement of Faith. The senior pastor should nurture effectively and lead the congregation and others received through community outreach into a more faithful, prayerful, worshipful, and accountable relationship with God our Father, His Son Jesus as Lord and Savior, and His Holy Spirit.
Skills and other characteristics for effective performance
- An evident personal relationship to Jesus Christ and saving knowledge of the Truth of God’s Word.
- Fruit of the Holy Spirit influencing both personality and character.
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit for being equipped with talents and skills and being provided with wisdom and knowledge.
- Successful study and training at an accredited seminary.
- Pastoral, administrative, and project management skills.
- Theological training and beliefs.
- Hebrew and Greek.
Church history and polity (four forms of church governance)
- Church fathers through present with understanding of Reformation.
- World religions and sects.
- Christian church polity (Episcopal, Connectionalism, Presbyterian, Congregational (CCCC)).
Understanding of worship and other special services / studies in accordance with the liturgical calendar year and administration of the sacraments.
- Hermeneutics and Biblical exegesis.
- Trained to teach the body of Christ and to help them apply God’s Word to their lives.
- Tracing their actions back to God’s Word.
- Making their lives and mission both faithful and accountable to God’s Word.
- Worshipping, serving, ministering, discipling, evangelizing, and responding to ethical and social issues.
Experience & Education Achievement
- Minimum five years as an associate or senior pastor.
- Bachelors degree from accredited university or college (any major).
- Masters in Divinity degree from accredited seminary.
- Member (or willing to become member) of The Conservative Congregational Christian Conference.
Personal Spiritual Formation – Worship, prayer, faith, devotions, finances, and witness consistent with Biblical principles.
Personal Characteristics – Consistent with Biblical principles.
Family Concerns & Issues – In harmony with Biblical principles.
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to the attention of the Chairman of Pastoral Search Committee at the following e-mail address: [email protected].
Our postal address is 752 Grand St, Vermilion, OH 44089
FYI – The church is a block from downtown and Lake Erie. The average weekly attendance is 60-65; 75% over age 60. The city population about 11,000, zip code region is about 16,000… 15% under 18 y.o.,20% 18-34 y.o.; 20% 35-54 and 45% over 55.