Jackson Baptist Church (Jackson, NJ) Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Jackson Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor of preaching and teaching.
Our mission statement proclaims not only the purpose for our existence, it brings alive God’s two greatest COMMANDMENTS to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and might” (Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:37) and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Leviticus 19:18) It also highlights God’s great COMMISSION given to the church by Jesus Himself to “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19).
We are seeking a shepherd to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of our beloved church body in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ; a pastor who is committed to Loving God, Loving Others, and Making Disciples. This Holy Spirit-led person will be able to craft a vision, offer pastoral leadership to the congregation, and will engage in pastoral care ministries that meet the needs of persons in the church and the community.
● Our new pastor will have among his attributes: servant leadership, visionary leadership, shepherding, evangelism, faithfulness, emphasis on prayer, excellent communication, and compassion.
● The pastor will be the primary preacher and teacher for our church, speaking and effectively communicating the truth of scripture in all circumstances.
● The pastor will collaborate with the Worship Team leader and/or the Music Committee in preparing Christ-centric worship services. These services should be well-prepared and in a form that is most suitable for our congregation. Most of all, they must be honoring to the Lord! Total Worship and Praise!
● Lead the congregation in effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose, and priority. He will also provide administrative leadership for the total church ministry.
● The Pastor will visit members and prospects and lead the membership in a visitation program.
● Along with the Elders, address all church discipline matters and the management of conflict issues within the congregation.
- Build a sense of team-work among the church staff and conduct regular staff meetings to coordinate the ministries of the church and to facilitate continued communication.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Jackson Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor of Jackson Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Jackson Baptist Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].