Austin Square Baptist Church (ASBC) is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to lead our church family of about 100 multi-racial, multicultural congregants. The Senior Pastor will be an Elder and responsible for the teaching ministry of ASBC, provide pastoral care and counseling, oversee the congregation, leadership, and staff, and set the course for the future spiritual growth of ASBC. The successful candidate will have the experience and call to lead church renewal with a heart for urban ministry. Please visit www.AustinSquareChurch.com to learn more about our church, what we believe, and what we offer through our ministries. You can learn more about the City of Lynn here and here.
- A man who embodies the qualities of 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 with a heart for urban ministry
- Maintains a credobaptist and reformed theology
- Employs an expositional approach to preaching and teaching
- Upholds the Baptist Confession of Faith 1689 (Second London)
- Aligns with the Southern Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Ministry training demonstrated through possession of a Master of Divinity degree
- Minimum of four years of pastoral/ministry experience preferred
- Bi-lingual capability is an added benefit (e.g., Spanish, Khmer, French/Haitian Creole, etc.)
- Imparting a ministry vision to the leadership and membership of the church with an eye toward church renewal
- Preaching on Sunday morning including organizing the preaching and worship schedule
- Teaching at weekly studies and/or as agreed upon with the Elder Board
- Organizing and leading special services such as baptisms, infant dedications, weddings, and funerals
- Pastoral counseling as needed including visitation if necessary as part of counseling
- Regular visitation with those housebound, infirmed, and/or hospitalized
- Meeting with Elders and Deacons to oversee and execute the ministry and affairs of the church
- Managing staff including a Secretary and Music Director
- Administrative duties including office duties as mutually agreed upon
Salary and Benefits
ASBC offers a competitive compensation package that includes salary, housing, medical/dental, annual vacation time, retirement options, and other benefits available upon negotiation.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and sermon samples to [email protected].