Senior leader of a congregational elder led church with the primary responsibilities of:
- Preaching most weeks, overseeing church staff and ministries (delegating where appropriate), and casting vision for the church.
- Work with the elder board to refine vision, approve budgets and develop strategies for accomplishing the mission of the church.
- Shall have freedom to choose what day-to-day schedule and job duties look like (elder board does not micro-manage).
Ideal candidate has the following traits:
- Expository preaching
- Good public speaker
- Big picture/visionary
- Energetic personality
- Passionate about reaching the lost
- Good at delegating and empowering leaders
About this Church
We are a contemporary church with a passion for missions and reaching the lost.
We are located in a college town (Penn State – “We Are!”) with an average about 80 to 100 people in our Sunday morning service. We have a growing number of families with small children and thus our children’s ministry is quickly becoming a very important part of our discipleship.
Our mission field is local as the university provides a lot of scholars, many who are from non-western cultures. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for evangelism.
6+ Years experience preferred
MA/MDiv minimum preferred
Must agree to EFCA Statement of Faith https://www.efca.org/sof
$85,000+ package, flexible to include mix and match of Professional Fund, Housing Allowance, Retirement, Employer Health Insurance Contributions, and/or Salary.
How To Apply
Email cover letter, resume, sermon link, and any other helpful documents (ex. philosophy of ministry, personality profile like Ministry Match) to the Elder Board Chair, Ryan Cummins, by email at [email protected].