Our Church Overview
Christ Reformed Presbyterian Church (CRPC) is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), Potomac Presbytery. We are committed to the gospel of Jesus Christ and to the Great Commission the Lord gave to His church. There are 74 communicant and 23 non-communicant members on our rolls, comprising 34 family units. Our average current in-person attendance at morning worship is 63 with approximately five families joining the live-stream service. A majority of our members actively serve and contribute to our church life. We are currently more diverse in race and character, more united in spirit and purpose, and more hopeful for the future than ever before.
Our Hope For A Pastor
Our congregation is looking for a pastor to prayerfully seek God’s provision to lead, share, and carry our vision forward with us, as God wills it and directs it. Specifically, we are prayerfully looking for a Christ-centered man, ordainable by the Presbyterian Church in America, who will:
- Deliver engaging preaching that faithfully and boldly proclaims the beauty and majesty of the unchanging and eternal Gospel of Jesus Christ – instructing the listeners according to the inspired and inerrant Word of God – calling them to repentance, growth in their spiritual walk, and a deeper dependence on and rest in Christ
- Relate well with people, be loving, approachable, and genuine, willing to share life, and proclaim the unchanging Gospel of Jesus Christ openly and in a contextually sophisticated manner, be it in conversation, visiting, and/or counseling
- Teach the truths of the Bible and the doctrines of the reformed faith as presented in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms
- Provide leadership as Moderator of the Session, ministry leaders, and members at large for the edification, unity, peace, and purity of the church and the furtherance of the church\’s ministry and witness to the community
- Work with Session to develop and gracefully lead worship in accordance with our classically-Christian format and style
- Be devoted to prayer and the ministry of the Word
Our new pastor shall also have the following qualifications:
- Have at least a Master of Divinity, or equivalent, degree from a Presbyterian or Reformed Seminary
- Meet the requirements of 1 Tim. 3, Titus 1, and the Book of Church Order of the PCA (i.e., Chapters 8, 13.6, and 21)
- Agree with the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms
- Have at least five years of experience as an assistant, associate, or senior pastor.
How To Apply
If you believe you may be called to this ministry and would like to apply, please email the CRPC Pastoral Search Committee at [email protected], and we will email you an application.