Christ the Redeemer Church, Southbury, CT
Christ the Redeemer Church is seeking the man God is calling to assume the role of Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor will provide spiritual and administrative leadership in all aspects of church life and will serve with other elders as part of the elder leadership team.
By providing direction to the church staff, fellow elders, and deacons, he will:
- Provide for the shepherding needs of the whole body as we fulfill the church’s vision and mission statements.
- Take primary responsibility for the preaching in all church services.
- Along with the elders, oversee the planning and facilitating of all elements necessary for maintaining quality worship services, ministries, and Bible studies for all ages.
- Encourage and equip lay ministry teams to fulfill their vision and goals.
- Seek always to be a Christ-like example.
- Prepare for and preach the Word of God in each service.
- Serve on the team of church elders to lead in planning, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the total program of the church.
- Work with the worship leader in planning and conducting all worship services.
- Counsel and advise individuals, couples and families.
- Arrange for pulpit supply in case of absence.
- Oversee all ministry areas to ensure effective functioning.
- Encourage and equip ministry leaders in accomplishing specified goals and objectives.
- Help the church identify and use each member’s gifts in ministry.
- Lead out in visitation ministry of church members and prospects, as well as the sick and homebound.
- Hold and/or arrange for counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies; and conduct funerals.
- Lead the congregation to engage in a daily walk with God and be submissive to the leadership of the Holy Spirit in all things.
- Help the congregation remember and abide by Biblical teachings.
- Help to facilitate compliance with church by-laws, constitution and operating procedures.
- Cooperate with associational, state, and other denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; serve in denominational positions when appropriate; represent the church in community and civic matters; and keep the church informed about matters that affect its life and work.
The senior pastor shall be a committed Christian whose life will demonstrate the Biblical qualifications of pastor/bishop as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-10. He will have a combination of completed formal seminary education and prior experience in pastoral ministry. His beliefs shall be consistent with Christ the Redeemer Church’s Statement of Faith, and his walk with God will exemplify the teachings of the New Testament. He will testify to a clear sense of God’s call to the pastoral ministry and strong sense of God’s leadership to pastor this church.
How To Apply
Inquires can be sent to [email protected].