Indian Lake Baptist Church
Senior Pastoral Job Description
31141 Roberts Ave.
Worthington, MN 56187
About Indian Lake Baptist Church:
Founded in 1873 by Swedish immigrant farmers, Indian Lake Baptist Church is a rural church located about 6 miles from Worthington, Minnesota, a community of about 13,000 people. We are a multi-ethnic congregation that is part of the Converge North Central Conference. The congregation has been serving southwest Minnesota and sending out missionaries for nearly 150 years. Weekly attendees come from a 30-mile radius including counties in southwest Minnesota and northwest Iowa. Our congregation has about 90 English speaking members/attendees and about 150 Karen members/attendees who came to our community about 12 years ago from refugee camps in Thailand.
This is a full-time position for an ordained pastor to provide leadership in all aspects of the church\’s life and ministries. We are seeking a leader to join us in an intercultural ministry. Duties will include teaching, preaching, shepherding, leadership, discipleship, equipping this congregation and community. Occasional duties will include officiating at weddings, funerals, baptisms, communion and special events.
Preference will be given to candidates with a master’s degree from an evangelical seminary.
Although we prefer a pastor with experience in at least one previous congregation, we would consider a recent graduate.
- Ability to prepare and preach weekly sermon for English-speaking congregation
- Ability to plan all aspects of worship service
- Teach a mid-week adult Bible study during the school year
- Participate in weekly Karen-speaking worship services and thanksgiving gatherings
- Meet monthly with boards to actively provide input on various aspects of church ministry
- Shepherd the people affiliated with Indian Lake Baptist Church, including visitation duties
- Facilitate membership classes annually and meet with prospective members to prepare for testimonies and baptisms
- Provide scripture-based counseling
- Officiate/participate in special events
Character Traits and Skills:
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and led by Holy Spirit in ministry
- Commitment to prayer and Bible study
- Use scripture as personal and professional guide
- Person of integrity
- Shows the love of Christ toward others
- Ability to work independently
- Passion for intercultural ministry
- Exceptional communication skills
Salary and Benefits:
Pastor will earn an annual salary that will be paid in 24 equal payments each year. Benefits will include contributions to retirement and to health insurance or a health savings account and term life insurance. Pastor will also earn vacation time. Parsonage provided. Professional development opportunities supported. Mileage allotment.
Apply to: [email protected]
Applications accepted through February 1, 2021 or until the position is filled.
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to:
Doug Wolter at: [email protected]
Indian Lake Baptist Church Pastoral Search Committee Chair