Windwood Presbyterian Church in Houston, Texas is seeking a Senior Pastor to lead the
church in fulfilling our commitment to faithfully share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and equip the congregation for the work of ministry. This position includes diverse responsibilities in the categories of spiritual leadership, development of a vision for our future, and administration of the church. The Senior Pastor shall fulfill these responsibilities submitting to the leadership of the Holy Spirit and in prayerful collaboration with Session, staff, and lay leaders. Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Expositorily preach and teach the whole word of God to increase comprehension of and inspire obedience to Scripture.
- Lead the church in worship and administration of the sacraments.
- Facilitate the discipleship of all age groups of the church.
- Courageously proclaim Christ and defend reformed, Biblical faith and values in a culture increasingly adversarial to Christianity.
- Oversee and ensure effective pastoral care in routine and emergency situations.
- Prayerfully collaborate with staff and Session to sense God’s specific vision for the church and develop implementation plans.
- Identify our specific approach to fulfilling the Great Commission and the Great Commandment in an era of rapid cultural change.
- Discern how to effectively evangelize greater northwest Harris County and to build upon the church’s established community ministries.
- Moderate the Session.
- Lead, encourage, develop, and mentor ministry leaders and staff.
- Foster a working environment that exhibits high levels of trust, transparency, competency, and efficiency.
- Oversee the administration of church finances and property.
- Coordinate and communicate with key on-campus outreach ministries: The Adventure Preschool, Kardia Christian Academy, and A Future and A Hope Counseling Ministry.
- Unwavering commitment to the authority of scripture and the calling of pastoral ministry.
- Inspiring and organized preaching and teaching ability.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and team-building skills.
- Warm personal presence that invites connection through listening.
- Courageous on matters of faith and truth.
- Committed to personal devotion and prayer disciplines.
A full description of the job as well as the church profile is shown at the following link:
How To Apply
If qualified, please send a resume and links to a recording of three sermons to [email protected]. Pay structure will be based on qualifications.