Amber Congregational Church is searching for a Pastor to set the spiritual tone of the church, provide leadership for the ministry of the congregation, equip our members for the work of ministry inside and outside the church, and to make disciples through the preaching of God’s Word. We are affiliated with the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference.
We have outlined our desires and goals for the person we seek to lead:
Personal Qualifications—The Pastor will:
- Be able to give testimony to his/her love for the Lord and call to pastoral ministry.
- Have a fervor to understand and teach the truths of God’s Word.
- Love and care for people and be able to create, model, and sustain positive relationships.
- Hold degree(s) from an accredited college and/or seminary.
- Desire to motivate the congregation for outreach. We are a congregation that responds when needs are raised.
Professional Competencies: The Pastor will be:
- A communicator, able to craft and deliver biblical and relevant sermons that effectively speak to both new and maturing Christians. One who is interested in helping us draw children and young families and minister to our senior population.
- An administrator, able to effectively manage his/her many responsibilities.
- Someone whose care for the spiritual well-being of the congregation is characterized by love and humility while being strengthened by discernment and prayer.
- Preaching/Teaching—the Pastor is responsible for the bulk of the preaching and will do so in a manner that is both biblical and relevant. He/she will also have opportunities to teach through Bible Studies and Christian Education programs.
- Leadership/Management: With the Elders and Trustees, the Pastor will serve as the spiritual and organizational leader of the congregation towards a unified vision for the future.
- Corporate Worship—the Pastor is responsible for the planning and delivery of engaging, life-enriching worship services along with the support of able and willing volunteers.
- Support and Guidance – the pastor will offer advice to our ministries of Worship, Christian Education, and Outreach, which are led by elected directors under the Elders.
- Pastoral Care—the Pastor will provide spiritual direction and pastoral care for those seeking baptism, profession of faith, church membership, confirmation, marriage, hospital visits, conducting funerals, and encouragement, as well as for those suffering loss.
- Participate in the network of the CCCC conference and build relationships with other local churches.
- Public Presence—the Pastor will represent ACC in the community. We are a rural community outside Syracuse, New York, located by Otisco Lake in the Finger Lakes Region of Upstate New York.
- Parsonage – 3 bedroom / 2 bath
- Sanctuary with capacity for 110 and Pastor’s Study / Office with meeting space.
- Our church is Debt Free.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying, send your resume and a personal statement of faith to [email protected]. To learn more about our church, visit our website at www.amberchurch.org. We will share more info about our church upon request.