Our church / organization:
Our mission statement is to Know the love of God, Grow in Christian faith and Go share our faith. This vision summarizes our commitment to serve our congregation and community. We feel called to address ongoing needs through purposeful prayer, relevant worship services and Christian education.
Port Huron is a historic and vibrant small city in an ideal location. Known as the Blue Water Area, it takes pride in its remarkable and accessible location along the beautiful and busy St. Clair River and Lake Huron. Yet, it is close to a major urban center (Detroit) and all of its amenities as well as being just minutes away from another country (Canada) and all that it has to offer. Our new pastor will find themselves preaching in a 137-year-old sanctuary nestled in an evolving neighborhood close to the city’s downtown and waterways as well as along a sunlit Lake Huron beach during the summer.
In guiding God’s church, we are looking for a full-time pastor who is able to handle many tasks. We may be a smaller congregation but, we are strong in our commitment to our members as well as our neighborhood and excited to help a new pastor learn and grow as we follow our mission.
We currently employ a part-time staff which includes an office administrator, Christian education director, technology and social media supervisor, music director, accountant and custodian. Many members also regularly and actively volunteer to support the church.
Specifically, the pastor will be responsible for:
- Pastoral care to all in need, including visiting those unable to come to church.
- Preaching meaningful, spiritual and relevant sermons.
- Teaching confirmation and adult education classes.
- Guiding and coaching lay preachers and liturgists.
- Encouraging stewardship in all forms.
- Serving as Session moderator, attending Deacon Board meetings and supporting committee work.
- Supervising staff.
- Assisting in budget and financial planning.
- Participating in local ministerial organizations.
This list may sound daunting but with God’s help our new pastor can count on the welcoming and family atmosphere of this congregation to work with him/her to achieve our mission.
How To Apply
To apply send resume to:
Steve Ahlquist, PNC Co-chairperson
and feel free to call 586 457 9797 with any questions.