Summary: The Sound Engineer oversees the sound system and ensures optimal sound quality for live music and speaking as directed by Emmanuel Presbyterian Church.
Reports to: Praise Band Coordinator
Work Hours: Part-Time (4-6 hours per Sunday)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Arrive at 8:30am to begin setup of sound system.
- Optimize sound quality for live music and speakers.
- Optimize sound quality for Zoom live stream.
- Train various speakers on how to use the mic during sound check.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues and resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Oversee storage, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and supplies.
- When requested, train volunteers at church on optimizing sound.
- Tear down of equipment after service.
- 3-5 years of experience in professional audio engineering.
- Experience operating a digital soundboard.
- Experience with audio engineering in a church context is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- $225 per Sunday.
- Maximum of 4 Sundays away each year.
How To Apply
- Send cover letter and resume to Tim Chang: [email protected]
- Include contact information for 2 references.