Sr. Director of Spiritual Formation and Care, East Side
Sr. Director of Spiritual Formation and Care
Reports To: Executive Director, East Side
Redeemer East Side is seeking a pastoral leader of the Formation team and pastoral care, with particular emphasis on fostering a movement of missional disciples through integration of Formation practices, community and callings throughout ES ministries and deepening a culture of care for congregants and staff. This position also furthers the vision and values of Redeemer East Side by leading the Diaconate to care for those in our community with practical needs, believing the gospel brings transformation.
Inspire and empower the Formation team to reach the East Side vision and mission (50%)
- Lead the Formation team toward the strategic intent: 100% of ESers will live out of God reorienting their lives and specifically calling them to the work of mission in their neighborhood, workplace and relationships.
- Strategize, plan and measure for Formation offerings that embody ES vision and values in collaboration with Community and Callings leaders.
- Coach, manage, resource the Formation team to promote health and growth in their roles.
- Ensure regular Formation team meetings to deliver effective operations as well as long term planning and active prayer by team members
- Direct proactive communication within and beyond Formation team to inform, inspire and empower lay leaders and other stakeholders to work toward the vision and values.
- Motivate Formation team toward vision through appropriately budgeting and allocating resources.
- Expose and engage 100% of ES church in the Practices of PEACE to spark a missional movement.
- Ensure that Formation classes and cohorts are developed, taught and engaged in, including teaching classes.
- Collaborate with other ES ministry areas and leaders to work toward all ESers activated as missional disciples.
- Lead and delegate projects to ensure holistic spiritual formation and mission of ES Redeemer Presbyterian Church, East Side.
- Ensure the mission and scope of the Diaconate are executed with excellence.
- Foster a healthy Diaconate culture.
- Provide and coordinate pastoral care, encouragement, support to the deacons and deaconesses.
- Oversee ongoing care work and advise on complex issues in conjunction with Redeemer Counseling Services.
- Work with elders, deacons and deaconesses, and staff to recruit candidates.
- Work with elders, Diaconate committee and staff to maintain East Side Mercy Fund finances.
- Ensure initial and ongoing training for deacons and deaconesses.
- Act as a liaison with the Session, attend Session monthly and interface with the Session on discipline cases.
- Contribute to oversight of ES church through the Leadership team.
- Work closely with executive director to accomplish the mission of the East Side.
- Build a healthy staff culture through spiritual and professional development of staff at meetings, trainings and individually as needed.
- Develop spiritually and professionally as a pastoral leader.
- Maintain highly visible presence in worship services, coffee hours and congregational events.
- Lead pastoral care of the church.
- Ensure development of pastoral staff.
- Lead worship services.
- Model the Practices of PEACE (ES specific spiritual practices).
- Medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Life insurance.
- 401 K with employer match.
- Flexible Spending – Medical and Dependent Care.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Employee Counseling Benefit.
- Generous PTO, including the week between Christmas and New Years.
- Paid Sick Leave.
- Sabbatical Leave – after 7 years.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Redeemer family of churches and ministries exist to help build a great city for all people through a movement of the gospel that brings personal conversion, community formation, social justice, and cultural renewal to New York City and, through it, the world.
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://eastside-redeemer.apscareerportal.com/jobs/1835826/apps/new.