West Hills Community Church (Johnstown, PA)
Student Ministries Director
The Big Picture
West Hills Community Church (westhcc.com) is looking for a full-time salaried Student Ministries Director with exceptional benefits. This team member is responsible for planning, implementing, promoting and overseeing all ministries related to 6th–12th grade students.
West Hills Community Church is looking for a full-time salaried Student Ministries Director with exceptional benefits. This team member is responsible for planning, implementing, promoting and overseeing all ministries related to 6th–12th grade students.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Leadership for all student ministries volunteers, in conjunction with WHCC mission and beliefs (https://westhcc.com/about/beliefs/).
- Recruiting and working with Adult Leaders for planning and implementation, to increase participation, ownership and effectiveness.
- Disciple and lead students.
- Creatively prepare and communicate age appropriate and culturally relevant messages for weekly student Bible studies.
- Seek to connect students with God’s Word in creative and engaging ways.
- Seek to assimilate students into the larger life of the church, with the goal of developing Biblical community minded students.
- Lead students to be disciples of Jesus Christ and to be actively engaged in the work of the kingdom outside the walls of the church (mission trips and retreats).
In addition to Student Ministry responsibilities, this staff member attends weekly staff meetings and provides support in planning and implementing church events. Student Ministries Director will report directly to the lead pastor and assist with any request that may not fall in the above description.
Pay & Benefits
Full-Time Salaried Position with benefits (Health, Dental, & Vision Coverage, Cell Phone Allowance, Retirement, Professional Development, Paid Time Off) totaling $50,000.
About the Church & Student Ministry:
West Hills Community Church is a relatively new church. Founded in the last ten years, WHCC has experienced rapid growth requiring the building of a new facility. Currently, we have approximately 25-30 students meeting on Sundays. There is potential for many more students to get involved with the right leadership. The church has a great relationship with the surrounding community and school districts.
About the Area (Johnstown, PA):
There is a wide variety of things to do in the area – lots of outdoor activities including hiking, kayaking, fishing, hunting, & skiing. We hold many local festivals offering great music & delicious ethnic foods. The local education systems are top notch including many colleges within an hour of our church. Pittsburgh & State College are just a 90-minute drive if one wants to attend professional/college sports or larger concert venues. The cost of living makes the area a great place to buy a house and raise a family.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Student Director at WHCC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Ministry Director of WHCC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of WHCC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message to [email protected].