Student Ministry Director
Date Posted: March 20, 2023
Hours Per Week: 15
Harbor of Hope Christian Church
North Chelmsford, MA, USA
Job Type: Ministry Director
If you love Jesus, love students, and are looking for an opportunity to serve with a healthy team where you will be encouraged, valued, and given opportunities to grow in your ministry experience, we’d love to talk with you!
- Oversee annual planning of HSM ministry activities that create opportunities for friendship and spiritual growth.
- Recruit and develop other volunteers to serve as spiritual coaches for small groups of students.
- Lead and organize the HSM Sunday morning gathering and special events that facilitate friendship and spiritual growth (Summer camp, service projects, social events, etc.).
- Develop and implement ongoing volunteer recruitment strategy.
- Model relational ministry for volunteers by investing in students and volunteers.
- Provide periodic feedback to volunteers to help them improve.
- Provide input to Harbor’s annual strategy, ministry, and budget planning.
- Maintain regular communication with both parents and students via text, email, etc.
- Participate in monthly Harbor Leaders Meetings.
- Ministry that is authentic, enjoyable, and draws students to be a part of it.
- Students that are growing in their faith, using their gifts, and sharing Jesus in their daily lives through words and actions.
- Parents that are informed about HSM goings-on and feel encouraged and equipped in parenting their children.
- Ministry that is fully staffed with invested volunteers.
- Healthy relationships and cooperation with other Harbor Ministry Leaders.
We’re Looking For:
- A spiritually and emotionally healthy person who loves Jesus, loves students and relates well with others.
- An inspiring coach, who will help both students and volunteers feel noticed and important.
- A non-judgmental leader who will meet students where they are and invite them to come closer to Jesus.
- A healthy leader who invests in others and finds joy in the success of the student leaders and volunteers.
- A developing leader, ready to take their next step in growing the next generation of the Church.
- A full agreement with Harbor of Hope’s doctrinal statement and teaching (can be found at harborofhope.org/beliefs).
Check out the full details here!
How To Apply
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, reach out!
Please email your resume with references and a cover letter to [email protected]. All emails will receive confirmation within 24 hours and a determination of status within 14 days.