Student Ministry Director/Pastor
Blue Oaks Church was founded in 2012 to lead everyone into Christ-centered living. Our goal is to create an irresistible environment everyone love attending and feel welcomed as they are. In this spirit, Blue Oaks strives to create a strong sense of belonging and purpose within those who attend.
The Student Ministry Director/Pastor is responsible for creating this irresistible environment and developing a sense of belonging and purpose for middle and high school students. Our Student Ministry Director/Pastor wins when each teen has a team of responsible and passionate Christ-following leaders investing in them.
The Student Ministry Director/Pastor is a part of our Next Gen team, responsible for creating and implementing our overall strategy for kids from birth through graduation. The position reports to the Next Generation Pastor or the Executive Pastor and will provide direction for the student ministry at large and specifically for developing a team of volunteer leaders to serve the middle school and high school students at Blue Oaks Church.
- Passionately communicate the Blue Oaks strategy and vision for the Middle and High School ministries.
- Focus on the spiritual formation of students through weekly small groups, and monthly serving and community events.
- Create a sense of belonging for the students who attend Blue Oaks.
- Create outreach events and activities that attract students who don’t currently attend a local church.
- Craft monthly goals to drive the vision and culture of the group forward.
- Draw from the ‘sticky faith’ mentality to recruit, train, and lead a group of adult leaders.
- Create and utilize communication systems that enable us to communicate with leaders and enable leaders to communicate with each other, parents, and with their groups.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and leading occasional Next Generation ministry-specific events.
- Leader of Leaders – Develop and lead volunteer teams who, in turn, lead the ministry.
- Highly Organized – Able to troubleshoot and create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail.
- Goal oriented- Grow our ministry and leadership group.
- Highly Relational – Relates well with Volunteers, Students, and Parents.
- Public Speaker – Experience communicating to teens and adults.
- Team Player – Thrives in a team environment and enjoys collaborating with others on projects.
- Flexibility – Able to adapt, take necessary risks with a team, and move at a fast pace.
- Bachelors in ministry, Master preferred
- At least three years of church or student ministry
- Proof of right to work in the US
How To Apply
To apply, email Kylie McCormick at [email protected] with a resume and cover letter.