Full-time, Salaried employee; 40+ Hours per week
Benefits: Two weeks’ vacation and sick time, Health Insurance Potential, Housing Allowance Potential, Cell Phone
General Purpose of Position:
To support Faith Christian Assembly in building young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth and children’s ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, fellowship, missions, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
The primary tasks of the Student Pastor are to:
- Love students where they are.
- Encourage students in developing their relationship to God.
- Provide them with opportunities for growth.
- Challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and the world.
Responsibilities (Youth Ministry – Grades 6-12):
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of worship, discipleship, relationship, missions, and outreach.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Research resources for developing the youth ministry programming.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry.
- Manage the youth ministry budget.
Responsibilities (Children’s Church – Ages PreK – Grade 5):
- Responsible for scheduling, recruitment, curriculum, and volunteer training.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all student ministry settings.
- Assist the senior pastor and office staff in all normal office responsibilities.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner using all available resources (email, website, social media, etc.). with church leadership, parents, and the congregation.
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Must embrace the Assemblies of God core doctrine and fundamental truths as presented on ag.org.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is a preferred requirement. Being a licensed [credentialed] minister with the Assemblies of God is preferred. If not currently credentialed with the AG, to be committed to completing that process within two years is required.
- Must have a vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement both a youth and children’s ministry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Musical ability is desired, but not required.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Rev. Chris Mallett at [email protected] for consideration.