Student Success Manager
Are you passionate about Jesus, sports, and mentoring youth? Are you looking for opportunities to grow in faith as well as in your personal life? Are you seeking to be challenged and discipled while providing meaningful impact as part of a youth ministry team?
Then consider joining I Am 24/7 as the new Student Success Manager.
We’re seeking an empathetic, problem-solving, “people person” to serve as a Student Success Manager. You are willing to meet students where they are in their educational journey and provide wraparound support for students and their families so that they may thrive. The Student Success Manager builds deep relationships working with students and families to remove barriers to success in school and life. This person will also serve as a vital advocate to students and will provide them with or connect them to the appropriate resources, while considering what is best for them academically and personally.
● Carry out a programmatic plan to serve physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of youth.
● Run I AM 24/7 “Center” by coordinating daily volunteer tutors to meet the needs of
● Meet one-on-one and in groups with program participants to develop and monitor school
● Consistently track school attendance, addressing absences right away in order to
implement proactive solutions to rectify potential problems/issues
● Proactively build relationships with teachers, campus staff, community partners, and
families for a student-centered approach to support while simultaneously creating a
referral network of partner agencies
● Identify subject areas/skills where students are deficient and coordinate with partner
resources to connect students to supplemental support
● Collaborate with Director of Leadership Development to develop and implement a
program to educate participants about college pathways, inspire them to strive for
college, and guide them through the college planning process
● Serve as a liaison and advocate for students, their families, and peers
● Support summer enrichment activities and programming including group supervision,
sports camps, trips, and events by serving as a coach and mentor
● Encourage a Gospel unity and fellowship among participants
● Maintain regular contact with parents of students
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
● Have a passion for working with youth ages 8-17
● Be able to build healthy and appropriate relationships with diverse individuals, including
students, families, campus staff and I Am 24/7 staff, including setting boundaries and
Take initiative and be proactive in daily service activities. Maintain a level of
professionalism consistent with organizational expectations
● Be familiar with the Microsoft Suite of products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel,
● Bachelor’s Degree and two years experience or equivalent
● Proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and other professionals
● Committed Christian active in a lifestyle of caring and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying please email Justin Roper at [email protected] along with a copy of your resume.