Job Title: Sunday Service and Hospitality Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approx. Salary: $85,000 – $110,000 / year
Work Hours: Full-Time (must work Sundays)
The Sunday Service and Hospitality Director oversees the Sunday experience as the front door for the gospel by creating a warm and friendly space where everyone attending feels welcomed, wanted, and valued. This includes managing the Sunday Service, Ministry, and Worship Arts teams to ensure all aspects of Sunday worship services run smoothly and efficiently. This is a strategic hire for Redeemer Downtown as we seek to embody and invite others into our vision to be a community experiencing renewal by the Gospel, raising up generations of disciples, living for Jesus in the city.
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor and Worship Team to plan and coordinate Sunday worship services, including song selection, order of service, and other elements.
- Maintain a regular and effective communication channel with volunteers, musicians, and technical teams to ensure smooth execution of services.
- Oversee positive contract negotiations with Sunday Service vendors and venues.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications to create print and digital materials for Sunday Services, including bulletins, handouts, slides, etc.
- Oversee the management and implementation of all Sunday operations, including liaising with venue staff, set-up and tear-down, signage, and applicable bulletins, handouts, Bibles, and screen usage, catering, materials, etc.
- Gather feedback from attendees and volunteers to continually improve the worship experience, and review and evaluate each service to identify areas for enhancement.
- Work with the technical team to ensure that audio, visual, and multimedia elements are functioning properly during services.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise and coordinate any necessary maintenance.
- Manage and oversee these areas of service at RDT: Sunday Service Teams (Ushers, Communion, Welcome, Coffee Hour, Worship Arts, First Time Guests, Scripture Readers, Prayers of the People, and Operations Team).
- Schedule volunteers for all Sunday worship services, including special worship services surrounding Holy Week, Guest Sundays, Christmas, etc.
- Compile and maintain team rosters in TouchPoint database.
- Recruit, retain, and train volunteers from year to year and help innovate volunteers in new areas of service.
- Plan and execute volunteer recruitment initiatives to help plug congregants into service opportunities.
- Create and update operations and training manuals for all volunteer teams.
- Foster a positive team environment, ensuring that volunteers are equipped and motivated to serve effectively.
- Develop and execute volunteer appreciation events and activities to create a flourishing community of RDT volunteers and leaders.
- Study and develop a deeper understanding of hospitality so that it can be implemented within our church and in the lives of RDT’s congregants.
- Create a comfortable, clean, safe and warm environment, making Sunday feel personal so people feel seen and welcomed and providing opportunities for interaction, prayer, care and service.
- Ensure that information, resources, and assistance are readily available to those attending services.
- Develop a system of integration for newcomers at RDT and serve as the front lineman, pointing them towards opportunities for community, service and discipleship and consistently following up to move them towards involvement and commitment to the church family.
- After Sunday service, attend coffee hour to meet newcomers, visitors, and those interested in getting connected at RDT.
- Facilitate follow up on bulletin tear-offs, welcome forms, and ways to get connected online and offer to meet with any individuals seeking to get further connected.
- Oversee organization-wide execution of all ministry events, including church-wide retreats, seminars, classes, etc.
- Serve on the RDT Leadership team to represent Sunday Services and Hospitality.
- Manage the Music Directors (mid-year and beyond), Hospitality Manager, Operations Manager, Generosity & Membership Coordinator, ensuring effective execution of job responsibilities.
- Help establish annual goals, conduct reviews and assist in professional development.
- Encourage the Sunday Service team to be creative in solving inefficiencies and creating systems to improve the Sunday experience for congregants, volunteers, and visitors.
- Assist with the interview and hiring process for any new hires to the Sunday Service team. Support termination process working with HR.
- Manage operating budget for volunteers, operations, music, and events.
- Approve necessary expense reports and bill.com submissions.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and all-staff retreats.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- A strong commitment to the Christian faith and alignment with the core theological principles of Redeemer Downtown and the Presbyterian Church of America, including the Westminster Confession of Faith.
- Embraces Redeemer Downtown’s vision and values, and has a Gospel-oriented heart for New York City.
- Minimum 5 years experience running events.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing volunteers and coordinating teams.
- Previous experience in church ministry or worship leadership is highly desirable.
- Previous customer service management or hospitality work is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Basic technical knowledge related to audio, visual, and multimedia equipment is highly desirable.
- A heart for hospitality and creating an inviting and welcoming atmosphere for all attendees.
- This job is highly relational in nature and requires extensive time with people. Must be energized and motivated by being around others.
- A strong team leader with the ability to motivate and mobilize those they lead.
- High emotional maturity and a pleasant and professional attitude in highly dynamic event and social environment.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and responsive in a timely manner.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Available to work on Sundays, as well as weekends and evenings as needed.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
How To Apply
Please apply using this link: