Technology Coordinator (Remote)
What is the Forum of Christian Leaders?
The Forum of Christian Leaders (FOCL) exists to unite, equip, and resource global evangelical leaders toward the end of world evangelism and the renewal of the biblical church. Our ministry is primarily focused on Europe and consists of the following four quadrants:
- European Leadership Forum Annual Meeting: A yearly, weeklong gathering of 700 evangelical leaders from over 50 countries; held each year in Wisła, Poland.
- Forum Initiatives: Spiritual and leadership development opportunities that provide intensive, specialized training for small groups of evangelical leaders.
- Forum Movement: Local and regional events organized by European Leadership Forum participants that provide training and outreach throughout Europe in native languages. (Example: Eastern European Leadership Forum)
- Forum Global: Strategies that share the European church’s leadership lessons with the global church, includes online media library and free webinars. (Example: FOCL Online Resources)
Many still view Europe through the lens of its Christian past. However, less than 2% of today’s Europeans identify as evangelicals while nearly 18% are atheists or agnostics. European Christian leaders are often overwhelmed and isolated. We aim to serve and encourage these leaders as they seek to be faithful to their callings.
Moreover, we recognize that Europe has enjoyed unique influence on the international stage. Many movements have European origins, including the Renaissance, the Scientific Revolution, and Postmodernism. These ideologies have shaped modern cultures, sparked global conflicts, and informed generations of leaders. We believe that to invest in Europe is to invest in the world.
Why work for FOCL?
- Serve evangelical leaders from across the world: FOCL employees connect, train, and encourage brothers and sisters from all over the globe.
- Develop a wide range of skills: Because FOCL is a small organization, employees “wear many different hats” and therefore have the opportunity to develop skills in a way they wouldn’t in a more traditional, strictly departmental work environment.
- Travel to Europe: All full-time employees travel to Poland each May to facilitate the European Leadership Forum. Many take advantage of the opportunity for personal European travel following the event.
- Join a close-knit team of fellow believers: The FOCL team is small and committed to loving and supporting one another in ways related to both work and life outside of the office.
- Grow your faith: FOCL’s work naturally provides opportunity for one-on-one and small group discussion of God and faith.
What does the Technology Coordinator do?
The Technology Coordinator job is considered an entry-level position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with creating/adopting, improving, and maintaining systems that facilitate simple, accurate, and meaningful interaction with data by staff, speakers, volunteers, and participants across FOCL’s website, database, and CRM systems.
- Helping to manage vendor relationships for technology-related services and products.
- Developing and implementing technology-related policies and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective use of technology within the organization.
- Providing technical support to staff, ensuring that all technology-related issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Developing and maintaining a media release schedule in conjunction with the Director of Technology and Online Education, to ensure timely and effective release of video resources across multiple channels according to online media best practices.
Other tasks and projects will be assigned at the discretion of the Director of Technology and Online Education and/or the VP of Administration. (Read more HERE.)
Who makes a good Technology Coordinator?
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in any field and should be:
- Highly organized and keenly attentive to detail.
- Adept at systematizing large volumes of information in clear/concise ways.
- Able to multi-task and work successfully in a dynamic environment characterized by constant change.
- Interpersonally intelligent, with the ability to understand and build relationships with a wide variety of personalities.
- Able to help others with technological issues, especially those who do not understand technology as well.
- Comfortable in a background/support role.
- A quick learner who is not intimidated by new and/or unfamiliar software and technology.
- Competent in office software (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite/Drive, Dropbox).
- Competent with modern website building technologies with intermediate to advanced proficiency in HTML/CSS.
- Committed to serving as a team player and (if/when able) willing to assist coworkers with projects outside of the scope of assigned responsibilities.
The following are preferred but are not disqualifiers:
- Formal education in Digital Technology, Information Technology, or Information Science.
- Experience with website Content Management Systems, especially Drupal.
- Experience with event/project management.
- Experience with using and/or structuring relational databases, especially Airtable.
What are the compensation and benefits?
The Technology Coordinator position is an entry-level full-time, salaried position. Starting compensation will be based on skill level and experience. All FOCL employees travel to Europe (at FOCL’s expense) each May to administrate ELF’s annual meeting. Following the event, all employees are given a week of paid vacation during which they are encouraged to tour Europe (though at their own expense). In addition, all full-time employees start out with two additional weeks of paid vacation, along with nine paid holidays. FOCL offers health (medical, dental and vision) and life insurance benefits to all full-time employees.
Where is the job located?
This is a remote position with strong preference given to residents of the following states: AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, MI, OK, TN, TX, VA, and WA.
How To Apply
How do I apply?
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit the following via THIS FORM:
Please note that applications must be complete and submitted through the form above to be considered.
*If possible, please provide one sample that is formal/academic in nature and another that showcases your storytelling abilities. If you do not have writing samples that fit these qualifications, please submit two pieces that best reflect the range of your writing proficiency and style.
Contact us at [email protected] with any questions.