Anglican Church of the Resurrection (Chatham, MA) seeks full-time, Spirit-filled Vicar to lead our small Bible-based church congregation.
We are a member of the Anglican Diocese in New England.
- Experience as a priest, pastor, transitional deacon and Church plant training/experience vital in growing the church.
- Ordained as a transitional Deacon or Priest in the Anglican Church in North America or eligible for transfer into ACNA.
- Appropriate seminary degree.
Of great importance, our Vicar must know the Lord, know their calling, have firm understanding of scripture and doctrine, have a Christlike attitude in faith, in trust, in humility and love acceptable to God.Also, to have firmly grounded faith in Jesus Christ and love for His Church.
The Anglican Church of the Resurrection Vicar responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pastoral skills, administer the Sacraments in line with the Anglican Church of North America (and including preaching/teaching, pastoral care, pastoral counseling, weddings, baptisms, and funerals.)
- Administrative work as church leader and effectively collaborate with our current church body/Vestry with maturity in Christ.
- To lead worship services in the Anglican tradition style, hold regular Bible study and other teaching events.
- A gifted leader who works together with the church body, actively pursues church growth through outreach/ evangelical ministries, interact with our community and with the ultimate vision of bringing the unchurched to know Christ and His saving grace.
- Attend Diocesan Synods, clergy conferences and other appropriate Diocesan events.
- Preserve communication with the ADNE, ACNA, and the worldwide Anglican Communion.
Annual Compensation $50,000 and including vacation and education financial support. Of note, our church is debt free, and we have an endowment of approximately $137,000.
Our history includes continually meeting our budget.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit the following:
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference (supervisory figure, person who served closely with you in ministry, and a friend).
- Personal Photograph
- Photocopies of your ordination certificates
Anglican Church of the Resurrection Email: [email protected]
Thank you and God Bless,