Encounter Church in Westwood, MA is seeking a vocalist to lead our Sunday services.
Encounter Church is devoted to the training, equipping, and development of worship leaders. We want to provide you with the exposure, experience, and education necessary to explore how your passion for music can intersect with your purpose in life. The passion and personality of Encounter Church’s belief show up in the song we sing from the modern Christian worship movement such as Elevation, Hillsong, Bethel, Passion, etc.
This position is for a hard-working and driven young adult who is ready to gain valuable ministry experience, develop in their leadership, and discover their purpose. God made you unique, and His plan for you is unlike anyone else’s. Leaders come in all shapes and sizes— yours included. That’s why, when you pursue a position at Encounter Church, you’re not going to get the one-size-fits-all experience. You will get 1-on-1 training from our pastor, gain valuable experience, and do work that matters. Our focus is on developing each individual spiritually, personally, and professionally. We believe you were made on purpose for a purpose. We also believe this position should help you move towards becoming God’s best version of you, doing what you were created to do, and knowing the next steps to get there.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead musically in weekly church service.
- Quarterly opportunities to lead in Worship nights and other ministry events.
- Have one of our staff members devoted to pouring wisdom into your life and building you up throughout the Internship.
- Take part in learning and developmental opportunities that include book discussions, learning sessions, and events.
- Work in a team environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
- Make personal connections and build peer-group relationships with other musicians.
- Be equipped with the tools and resources you need to serve and contribute to your team effectively.
- Network with other worship ministries around the United States.
- Future opportunities to help Encounter Church create new music by developing a
- Previous experience in vocally leading in a worship band.
- Able to read music or chord charts.
- Able to lead rehearsals.
- Able to learn and use digital tools for coordination and communication (i.e., Google Apps, Planning Center, ProPresenter 7, ability to create or use stems/loops, etc.).
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- To lead themselves and the music team to grow in excellence.
- To travel to the church building at 18 southwest park, Westwood, MA 02090 roughly 6 to 8 times a month. (approximately 30 minutes from downtown Boston).
- To consistently show up prepared.
- To grow and embody our 5H Leadership traits (Holy, Humble, Hungry, Hustle, and High Emotional Intelligence).
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected] with the subject line “Vocalist Application.”