A small, multi-ethnic church in New Jersey is seeking a Women’s Urban Outreach Director. Our church is located within a diverse urban/suburban community that has nearly 50,000 people in a square mile radius of our facility. We are served by a quality school district. Our church also maintains a 501c3 community development corp. to facilitate after school programs for nearly 300 at-risk middle and high school students.
Candidates must have a passion for evangelizing adults through relationship building, evangelistic bible studies and outreach groups. Likewise, applicants should be familiar with assimilating unchurched adults into a local church through effective urban discipleship strategies.
- Proven track record of evangelizing adults through relationship building, evangelistic bible studies or outreach groups. Likewise, the applicant should be familiar with assimilating unchurched adults into a local church through effective discipleship strategies.
- A bachelors or master’s degree is preferred and/or equivalent experience in Christian ministry.
- Work alongside the senior pastor in communicating and in executing an evangelism and outreach strategy that aligns with the mission of this church.
- Strategically pursue follow up communication with adults who visit our church and adults whose children attend our after-school programs.
- Coordinate contextualized evangelism programs and events that are suited for the target groups that we most believe God has called our church to effectively reach.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a systematic plan for assimilating everyone from guests to regular church attendees into the life and discipleship process of our church.
- Assist the lead pastor and elders in fostering an overall church environment that helps people grow in lifestyles that demonstrate Biblical hospitality.
- Wisely utilize social media as an evangelism and assimilation tool.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Available for additional evangelism and discipleship tasks as directed by the pastor and elders.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume to [email protected].