Worship and Ministry Leader
Date Posted: May 4, 2023
Hours Per Week: 26
Covenant Community Church
East Sandwich, MA, USA
Job Type: Associate Pastor,Music or Worship Director
Qualities & Responsibilities
- Be a disciple of Jesus Christ and love His church.
- Be a motivated self-starter eager to be involved.
- Lead all musical aspects of our Sunday morning worship service including leading up front.
- Recruit, train, and lead the worship team.
- Select songs and music and craft the Sunday morning worship experience.
- Seek out and schedule members of congregation to do special music during services.
- Meet with the pastoral team weekly to review, plan, and pray.
- Run a weekly worship practice.
- Be familiar with current contemporary worship music and the classic hymns of our faith for purposes of selecting songs for our worship service.
- Organize all sheet music and keep the worship space in the sanctuary clean and organized.
- Oversee all audio and visual components of our worship ministry (sound board team, projection team, musical equipment needs, livestreaming, etc.).
- Be familiar with music theory.
- Have a regular personal practice time for learning new songs and working on your craft.
Children and Youth
- Plan and implement a weekly or bi-weekly children’s ministry.
- This could be an existing ministry (Awana, Pioneer Girls/Boys Brigade, etc.) or something you develop on your own. It could include crafts, music, games, and a bible teaching time.
- Communicate with parents to come up with what works best for all involved.
- Schedule, organize, and lead a monthly activity for our youth. It could be a special off campus activity or something at the church.
- Seek out opportunities to mentor and spend time with our teens. At some point down the road a weekly bible study/discipleship time run or overseen by candidate would be great.
- Website updates, improvements, and potential change.
- Social media updates.
- Email updates.
- Research and possibly implement getting our services on more than just Facebook.
How To Apply
Contact Pastor Pete Axelson [email protected].