Date Posted: February 25, 2023
Hours Per Week: 10 - 15
West Church of Peabody
Peabody, MA, USA
Job Type: Music or Worship Director
West Church is a gospel centered, multi-generational family of believers that enjoys worshiping God in music with a blend of hymns and contemporary songs. We are seeking a musician gifted on guitar or piano who is able to lead and coach our praise team of musicians and vocalists. We value faithfulness to God’s Word, loving one another, and people using their gifts in corporate worship.
- Someone who is growing in their relationship with the Lord Jesus, committed to the gospel, yielded to Him, and having spiritual gifts compatible with the role.
- Someone in agreement with the West Church Statement of Faith and Biblical Purpose Statement.
- Someone willing to become a part of our church family.
- Someone legally permitted to work in the United States.
- They are able to lead and coach instrumentalists and vocalists on the Praise Team.
- They are able to blend both hymns and contemporary music in worship.
- They are able to lead the congregation in singing from guitar or piano.
- They are open to or able to speak effectively, guiding the movements of worship.
- They have computer knowledge and can work together with our AV team.
- They will select music with guidance from the Pastors and the Worship Ministry Team.
- They can use or learn to use Song Select and Planning Center (worship service software).
- They will lead the music during Sunday Worship.
- They will rehearse with the Praise Team on Sunday morning before worship and one evening during the week.
- They will help prepare music for special events during the calendar year which may include choral and instrumental selections (Christmas, Easter, Missions Conference, etc.).
We estimate this position to take 10-15 hours per week. We plan to offer $12,000-$17,000 per year. We recognize that this may vary based on abilities, training and experience.
How To Apply
Please send the following information to [email protected] or call the office at 978-535-4112:
- Video/audio link of you leading worship
- Cover letter: Tell us what interests you about the opportunity to serve in the worship ministry at West Church, how God has shaped you to serve and whether, or not you agree with our Statement of Faith which can be found at (http://www.westchurchpeabody.org).