Worship Leader for Crossroad (Blended) Worship Service
Lake Wylie Lutheran Church, Fort Mill, SC
Please do not contact the church office. You may email [email protected].
The Worship Leader must be proficient in leading the Praise Team for our Crossroads Worship Service. He or she must be able to sing and play a musical instrument. Proficiency in playing the keyboard is preferred, but not required.
The successful candidate for this position shall be a devoted servant of Jesus Christ with a deep desire to see that God is glorified, the Gospel proclaimed, and the love of Christ is shared through music. This leader is also expected to live a lifestyle that reflects an authentic commitment to Christ that is easily modeled by children, youth, and adults.
This leader should:
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in both planning and execution of music for worship in keeping with Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ’s statement of faith, including classic and current contemporary music.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and organization skills, including the development of our praise team and active recruitment of additional members for the praise team.
- Be confident in public speaking and worship leadership, including leading prayers and various elements of worship.
- In consultation with the pastor, Head of Staff, and with input from the praise team, plan musical selections for the 10:45 Crossroads service and assist in the development of the video arts utilizing Easy Worship.
- Easter Sunday and Christmas Eve will be required.
- Lead the praise team, including the coordination and execution of efficient rehearsals, where devotions will be led and team members coached. Leadership also includes active recruitment of volunteers.
- Oversee all aspects of needed equipment, including copyright licensure, within the confines of the congregation’s budget.
- The Worship Leader is expected to be at church from 9:00am – 12:30pm on Sundays, as the praise team currently practices before the 10:45 service on Sunday.
- Provide availability to attend 6 to 8 Worship and Music Team meetings annually as requested, by zoom or in person.
- The expectation is for approximately 30 hours per month.
- Current range is $10,000.00 to $15,000.00, negotiated annually.
- 3 references must be provided before an interview.
- a background check is required before hiring.
How To Apply
Complete job application and application here.