Beacon Community Church
This person will work with the pastors to lead in congregational worship each week and will lead a team of musicians who serve in our band on a weekly basis as well as help us to work to train up other worship leaders to serve in our church and in churches and church plants in New England
- Spiritual Qualifications— Is a mature follower of Jesus Christ who demonstrates gospel commitments.
- Credentials and Experience— This person has proven leadership over corporate worship in a church setting.
- There is no mandatory educational requirement.
- Doctrinal, etc.—Must be: 1) Doctrinally compatible with Beacon Community Church and be able to join our congregation; 2) Possess a love for the local church and understand its mission in the world; 3) Sensitive to people of varying age, race/ethnicity and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Leadership: Must be able to lead and shepherd the volunteers in the band. This individual knows how to accommodate participants of varying musical experience and music reading skills, as well as arrange music for vocalists and instruments for a broad range of musical styles.
- Committed to Strong Congregational Singing: This person views himself or herself as a worshipper leading others in corporate praise rather than a performer.
- Flexible: This person knows how to respect the other musicians’ time with life and music.
- Efficient Facilitator: This individual can lead a rehearsal that is well prepared, organized, efficient and in the process of doing so gain the respect of all participants.
Particular Responsibilities for Worship leadership
- Develop band that leads congregation on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with pastors in planning of the weekly worship gatherings.
- Contact, recruit, and train musicians through communication, rehearsals, and other meetings as necessary.
- Select music, as well as instrumental and vocal leadership for every service.
- Work to help train emerging worship leaders who may serve at Beacon or other churches in the future.
This is part-time role (12-15 hours/week). The compensation will consider the skills and ministry experience of the applicant.
How To Apply
To apply, please email Dane Helsing – [email protected].