West Newbury Congregational Church (WNCC), is a small, evangelical church of faithful believers located in West Newbury, MA. We are affiliated with the 4Cs (Conservative Congregational Christian Conference) and are currently looking for a worship leader to lead our congregation in song and worship for our Sunday morning worship service.
We love Jesus, the Bible, and each other. We also love our neighbors. We believe that God works through corporate worship to transform the body of Christ as we listen to the preached Word, pray, reflect, joyfully praise the Lord through music and song, and participate in the Lord’s supper.
The ideal candidate should have a heart for worship and demonstrate competence vocally as well as instrumentally on piano/keyboard or guitar. Essential skills include the ability to select and prepare appropriate worship songs in collaboration with the pastor (both contemporary and hymns); ability to build a worship team; ability to humbly and joyfully lead the congregation to respond to God’s goodness & grace through music; ability to set the appropriate tone for worship. Other responsibilities include overseeing the tech elements of the worship service (tech team, Power Point, sound, etc.)
This is a part-time position (approximately 8-10 hours per week). Schedule accommodations can be made. Possibility for summers off and/or one week per month, etc.
The pastor is Patricia Batten, who also teaches preaching at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. Please feel free to contact her at [email protected].
Church website: westnewbury.org
- Must love the Lord & love the body of Christ.
- Proficiency in voice; proficiency in piano or guitar.
- Familiarity and comfort with both contemporary praise songs and traditional hymns.
- Familiarity with Planning Center.
- Demonstrate gentleness and kindness in interactions with congregants.
- Demonstrate humility and joy while leading.
- Be able to lead the congregation in prayer & the reading of God’s Word.
- Be gracious.
- Build rapport with the congregation by communicating and leading from the platform.
- Be able to set a tone that brings people into God’s presence and supports and enhances the overall worship theme.
- Build relationships with congregants.
- Recognize the work of the Holy Spirit in the preparation for corporate worship and during the worship service.
- Believe that God transforms lives through corporate worship.
- Encourage others with musical gifts to participate in the worship service.
- Select music each week for the Sunday morning worship service.
- Communicate with the pastor on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with the pastor and other teams for special worship services.
- Collaborate with the tech team each week.
- Guide the congregation through music to respond to the goodness & grace of God.
How To Apply
Please contact Patricia Batten (pastor) if interested: [email protected].