Turlock Free Methodist Church
Worship Leader Job Description
Turlock Free Methodist Church is and egalitarian church looking to fill a part-time position (5 hours a week) responsible for leading and growing an authentic contemporary worship music experience.
At Turlock Free Methodist Church our mission is to “connect people to Jesus and to one another.” The worship leader we seek will model a love for connecting people to Jesus through the worship experience, as well as connecting with the body of Christ at TFMC.
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ.
- Committed to the vision, values and beliefs of Turlock Free Methodist Church.
- Committed to a team approach to ministry and building relationships with team members.
- Committed to mentoring, leading, and growing a worship team.
- Understands the “Fruits of the Spirit” as spoken of in Galatians 5:22-23 and lives by them as an example to those he/she leads.
- Able to work without direct supervision and shows initiative to build the ministry.
- Proficiency to lead worship vocally.
- Proficiency to lead worship with a guitar or keyboard a plus.
- Has organizational and communication skills proficient enough to spend a few hours a month to recruit and schedule the worship team.
- Available to the lead pastor and worship team.
- Experience in leading worship in a contemporary setting a plus.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion in the area of music worship ministries, that is in line with the overall vision at TFMC.
- Coordinate with the lead pastor to create a well-planned and engaging Sunday worship service.
- Lead our worship team in a Sunday morning practice at 9 am or agreed upon time.
- Lead our Sunday morning contemporary service at 11 am.
- Engage with worship team and congregation on Sunday mornings.
- Meet monthly with the lead pastor or attend our monthly leadership team meeting.
- Is open and approachable to constructive feedback and mentoring by pastor.
- Looks at leading worship as an opportunity for outreach, seeking people to join the worship ministry both inside and outside the church.
- Assist in planning and implementing special worship events outside of Sunday services once per quarter, as available.
How To Apply
Send Resume to
Pastor Jen Starr-Reivitt
2006 E. Tuolumne Rd
Turlock, CA 95382
or email at: